Technical Support

nunzio
nunzio Registered Users Posts: 5
Apprentice Seeker
TomTom's (866) 486-6866 is no longer working. Does anyone know how I can get to talk to a LIVE person at TomTom about technical issues?

Comments

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 7,760
    Elite Voyager
    Since covid 19 there is no longer a telephone line .

to contact customer service.

How to contact TomTom customer support by chat or email
    https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360015568919/

How to contact TomTom customer support by email
    https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000679560
  • nunzio
    Apprentice Seeker
    Willy875 - Thank you for the links. I can't believe there is no telephone support anymore. I will try the email - the link you quoted above looks more promising than other methods I have tried.

Basically, my North America map service expires and I purchased a 4-update package. My credit card has been charged. But, when I connect my SONY add-on navigation module, it says it is up-to-date. I recall updating the map shortly before the subscription ran out late last year. So, on one hand, I am wondering if the reason why updates do not show is because it is too early for a new update.

I will have to communicate with them to find out. Thanks again for taking the time to write to me.
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 7,760
    Elite Voyager
    Hi
    When purchasing the map, did you select the GPS account correctly?
  • nunzio
    Apprentice Seeker
    Yes, I did select the correct GPS account at the time of ordering.

My unit is a Sony XNV-770BT head unit with TomTom 1MJ01 module. Not only I selected the correct unit but also entered the correct serial number during the purchasing process. Thanks to your help, I wrote to the email help and received the following STRANGE reply:
    - - -
    "I understand from your email that you purchased Map Subscription for your TomTom Trucker 5000 and it is not available to download. Upon checking the details I see that the order number has not been assigned to your device. When placing the order you must have forgotten to select the Serial Number of the device. I have manually assigned the Map Subscription on your device. I suggest you to please perform Soft Reset on your device and check for the updates."
    - - -
    I am clueless where "Trucker 5000 entered the picture. Contrary to what this tech support wrote, I did put the correct serial number. Anyhow, I performed a soft reset on the module, went to my account, and sure enough a map update was available that I had purchased. So, I was able to transfer the new map onto the TomTom module.

For some reason, virtually every time I attempt to renew a subscription, a drama such as this takes place. I realize that my unit is over 12 years old. But, it continues to display the map beautifully in the dash and help me greatly.