TomTom Rider 410 update issue

Gareth_Sheasby
Gareth_Sheasby staffsRegistered Users Posts: 8
Apprentice Seeker
Hi all, can I ask if anyone can help with an issue I have atm with updating my TT rider 410 with Nav 4 updates I havn't updated for 6 months and have 4 bits to upload and need to update nav 4 first as a core update, the my drive connect is connected via usb and my TTR 410 is reccognised and the upload is done then it states that it is connecting to my sat nav via the usb... my sat nav states im connected to the computor then nothing? now usually it states it is updating but now nothing... used 3 different usb cables, cleared all the cashe on my lappy and in my TomTom cashe drive....baffled! also reinstalled my drive twice and several reboots still nowt....helllllp Gazza
Tagged:

Best Answers

• fergussion
    fergussion Registered Users Posts: 284
    Supreme Pioneer
    Answer ✓
    @Gareth_Sheasby
    Check firewall/antivirus
  • Gareth_Sheasby
    Apprentice Seeker
    Answer ✓
    Thanks to Furgussion, had a weird problem and took 24hrs of fault detection to sort, the firewall reply lead me to turning off my win 10 firewall and my antivirus was out of date so did an update and full system scan. Then did an avast clean up of any temp / cashe files and I thought this had been done manually but he ho found another 3gb of crap to delete. Turned off or put to sleep any app that was not in use and did a reboot of my lappy and sat nav. So after about 5 mins tried again to update again and all was well in the world again lol, my upload was actually quicker than normal so good to have a clean out. So to sumerise, enabled the fire wall again and it still comunicates to my tomtom rider 410 and my truck nav 6210. My thinking is that the cashe folder for TomTom in the apps local folder was full along with windows cashe memory so a good clean out was needed all round. Thanks again avery day is a school day.

Answers

• fergussion
    fergussion Registered Users Posts: 284
    Supreme Pioneer
    Answer ✓
    @Gareth_Sheasby
    Check firewall/antivirus
  • Gareth_Sheasby
    Apprentice Seeker
    Answer ✓
    Thanks to Furgussion, had a weird problem and took 24hrs of fault detection to sort, the firewall reply lead me to turning off my win 10 firewall and my antivirus was out of date so did an update and full system scan. Then did an avast clean up of any temp / cashe files and I thought this had been done manually but he ho found another 3gb of crap to delete. Turned off or put to sleep any app that was not in use and did a reboot of my lappy and sat nav. So after about 5 mins tried again to update again and all was well in the world again lol, my upload was actually quicker than normal so good to have a clean out. So to sumerise, enabled the fire wall again and it still comunicates to my tomtom rider 410 and my truck nav 6210. My thinking is that the cashe folder for TomTom in the apps local folder was full along with windows cashe memory so a good clean out was needed all round. Thanks again avery day is a school day.