Data for traffic not working

hughmark
hughmark Registered Users Posts: 3
Apprentice Traveler
edited January 29 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
My internal Sim appears to have packed up ( it’s been replaced already) on my GO 6200. I cannot access Traffic nor can I do so if I tether my iPhone via Bluetooth. The only way I can access Traffic is via Wi-Fi which I have now turned off. My TomTom is only 2 years old and it is driving me mad that I cannot find a solution. I have also done a complete re-install and software is up to date.

Comments

• YamFazMan
    YamFazMan UKPosts: 21,480
     Superuser
    edited January 29
    Hi
    @hughmark
    Note... Australia & Switzerland have ended the 2G phone services so no GPRS SIM signal....

Tomtom video shows what you can do when the Traffic services are not working on your navigation device....

Be aware that a Live Device... The SIM card is automatically deactivated if the Live Traffic on the device has NOT been used for 18 months....
    Tomtom sends emails to the affected users and give 28 days notice before deactivating the SIM card... in the above circumstance the deactivated SIM cannot be reactivated....

GPRS SIM connection on the Tomtom Live devices....
    There are 3 Data connection options that can have a higher/priority/override the Built-in GPRS SIM....
    To check the Data Connection status....
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> System --> About…
    Scroll down to Data Connection & GPRS Status....
    What does the device report???
    Is the GPRS Status... Connected ???

Further Info...
    See... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1752190/#Comment_1752190

Maybe worth consideration if the device is out of guarantee....... I think the SIM contacts oxidize over time and removing and replacing the SIM a few times remakes the connection....

The SIM cards for the Live NAV3, NAV4 & NAV5 (Wi-Fi) devices are located under concealed flaps and/or stickers in various location on the devices....
    On the GO 5200/6200/Premium... The SIM Card is situated under the sticker bearing the serial number....
    acrlkaji0g4o.jpg
    I think the SIM contacts tarnish/oxidize over time, and removing and replacing the SIM a few times remakes the connection....
    With the device turned OFF...
    Carefully remove the sticker... It's advisable to use Antistatic precautions when handling the SIM... You will need a pair of 'fine' pointed tweezers to remove the SIM....
    If you pull out the SIM a little way, and reinsert it, repeat this a few times, it should now remake a good connection....
    I used double-sided sticky tape to replace the Serial Number sticker....

Warning... The above will void your Tomtom guarantee....
    All the usual disclaimers apply, all the above is at your own discretion

Stay safe... ATB YFM