Start 25 no longer recognises RDS TMC accessory

powellj3
powellj3 Registered Users Posts: 3
Apprentice Seeker
Hi. I have a start 25 which gets its traffic broadcasts via a RDS TMC device. This stopped being recognised, though still provided power. So I got another one. This also isn't recognised. I note from other discussions that this has happened to others. But the fixes are always off line and by support personnel. Please would you do the same back end fix to mine.

Happy to supply email account used for TomTom connect and device serial number in pm if needed.

Thank you.

Answers

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,815
    Hi @powellj3

Welcome to the community!

We need to review if the required files are already installed on your Start 25. Could you send me the serial number of your device through a private message by clicking on this link-https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/messages/add/VikramK ?

Thanks, Vikram
  • powellj3
    Apprentice Seeker
    Hi Vikram,

You've sent me a message suggesting I factory reset my device - i've done this a second time and it didn't fix the problem.

I've tried emailing you with full details but your mail server won't accept my messages. The error is below...

Re: [TomTom Discussions] VikramK sent you a message
    our message to [email protected] couldn't be delivered.
    The group forumsupport only accepts messages from people in its organization or on its allowed senders list, and your email address isn't on the list.

Please would you contact me again with further suggestions.

Thank you
  • tomsuff
    tomsuff Registered Users Posts: 3
    Apprentice Traveler
    Hi I have a similar TT (S25) and the same prob with my TMC.

That is..I connected the TMC lead and have looked all through my TT to see if anything other than simply plugging it in was required. I found nothing of any note
    A subscription is not required, is ist?
    I have confirmed map sharing is Ticked
    I have not tried factory reset
    If you could offer some advice it would be nice.

Oh! and one more thing if I may.
    The Cigar lighter plug is a bit bulky where it has to plug into the car ( central consul opp the gear stick ) meaning it could cause problems if the lead /plug were to get caught whilst im changing gear. Can I simply remove and replace this plug with an alternative connector or wire it directly into a fuse, without upsetting the TMC, assuming, I get it working.

Thank you
  • powellj3
    Apprentice Seeker
    Hi,
    Vikram stopped replying once the obvious checks didn’t work. I still have the problem. It’s not to do with set up though because this used to work and stopped. Obviously it’s possible that the TMC has failed, but I’m not going to buy another without this as the definitive reason.

Also TomTom have decided that “lifetime maps” means until 2025. Regardless of the condition of my device. I appreciate that it’s pretty difficult to meet an open ended commitment, but then don’t use it as a selling feature and then renege on it. It makes me not want to buy another TomTom device despite this having given long service.