Getting TRAFFIC from my Android Phone to my VIA 53

Steve_600
Steve_600 Registered Users Posts: 5
Apprentice Seeker
edited January 30 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
Well it was fixed for a day, but now I can't get it to work again.

There were 2 issues with my VIA 53 paired to my Android phone:

I have done umpteen Factory Resets! The Hands Free now seems fine, but the Traffic just will not connect again.

My Drive IS working on my phone AND showing Traffic issues on the map there. My phone IS Bluetooth connected to my VIA 53 (Hands Free is working) and the VIA 53 says Traffic IS Activated but NOT connected.

Please Help! Please do not tell me to do yet another factory reset!

Could it actually be an issue with my phone rather than with my VIA 53? I have at times seen a 'double car icon' at the top of my phone's screen, but I don't see that now, but maybe it is only supposed to be there when the Traffic transfer to the VIA 53 is working?

Answers

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,444
    Revered Voyager
    The double car icon is it on the GPS that you should see them when you are connected to the Tomtom server?
  • Steve_600
    Apprentice Seeker
    Thank you for your interest. I don't know what the double car icon on my phone is. It's not often there! But it sometimes appears on the top of my phone and it looks like the icon on my VIA 53 Tomtom No Traffic icon but without the cross.
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,444
    Revered Voyager
    When you are connected to the server

26chjltwkgjs.jpg

If 2 cars with a cross is that you are not connected to the server.
  • Steve_600
    Apprentice Seeker
    Yes. That's what I've got, but with a cross, on my Via 53, and I cannot get rid of the cross, even though my Via 53 DOES have Traffic Activated and IS connected by Bluetooth to my Phone which HAS got My Drive running and receiving Traffic info. It's infuriating!
    As possibly part of the answer, I wondered what this icon with the two cars (or something very like it) WITHOUT the cross was that I have noticed on my phone a few times (but is not there now).