TomTom Rider 550 Craddle Fuse

MarkPalmerUK
MarkPalmerUK Registered Users Posts: 2
New Seeker
Hello. I would like to know if my TomTom Rider 550 powered craddle has an in-built fuse, or is the fuse only in the Rider 550 unit (i.e. not in the powered craddle)

Best Answers

• MarkPalmerUK
    New Seeker
    Answer ✓
    OK sorry. I have now seen from other posts that there IS a fuse in the charging craddle... and that is likely to be my issue. Thanks.
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,800
    Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Hi
    @MarkPalmerUK
    Welcome to the site
    Yes, there is a fuse on the Printed Circuit Board inside the Mount, it is one of the tiny Surface Mounted type fuses soldered to the PCB....
    If you haven't got the necessary precision soldering equipment and skills it would be difficult to replace....
    I used an inline fuse fitted to the power cable when I installed the Rider 550 Mount....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM

Answers

• MarkPalmerUK
    New Seeker
    Answer ✓
    OK sorry. I have now seen from other posts that there IS a fuse in the charging craddle... and that is likely to be my issue. Thanks.
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,800
    Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Hi
    @MarkPalmerUK
    Welcome to the site
    Yes, there is a fuse on the Printed Circuit Board inside the Mount, it is one of the tiny Surface Mounted type fuses soldered to the PCB....
    If you haven't got the necessary precision soldering equipment and skills it would be difficult to replace....
    I used an inline fuse fitted to the power cable when I installed the Rider 550 Mount....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM