Why does the search function not work after commencing a journey

aussieczech
aussieczech Registered Users Posts: 3
Apprentice Seeker
Go app 2.8.3 with IOS 15. For example, a journey has commenced but you may wish to search for petrol stations along the route. Rarely, the search works, though mostly comes up with no responses even if you’d seen them previously. This occurs with any search function.

Best Answer

• Jürgen
    Jürgen Community Managers, Administrators Posts: 7,215
    Community Manager
    Answer ✓
    If I start a demo of a drive to work and then search for petrol station it gives me the closest by on the road.

There can be an issue with POI search caused by Online Search. Main Menu > TomTom Search > Online Search. If you disable that, does the problem persist?

Answers

• lampard
    lampard Administrators Posts: 5,966
    Hi @aussieczech

I doubt if it was possible earlier as well. Once you complete the journey, I think the route gets cleared off. The search function with the 'Along route' parameter only works when the route is active.

Best, lampard
  • Jürgen
    Community Manager
    Answer ✓
    If I start a demo of a drive to work and then search for petrol station it gives me the closest by on the road.

There can be an issue with POI search caused by Online Search. Main Menu > TomTom Search > Online Search. If you disable that, does the problem persist?

• aussieczech
    aussieczech Registered Users Posts: 3
    Apprentice Seeker
    Thanks Jürgen, switched off online and it’s seems to stabilise but not totally. Generally I get one chance to search for a POI for each journey then only way is to close and reboot the app.
  • Jürgen
    Community Manager
    I guess that's a different thing. If I choose that petrol station in my test then a new route is calculated that ends there. That should be by design. If I cancel the search I can simply do another search.