Tom Tom Go Discover

Gabriel73
Gabriel73 Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Seeker
edited January 24 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
Hi
I need a memory micro sd and to add new language how to proceed please? I'm i uk.
Thanks a lot

Best Answers

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,354
    Revered Voyager
    Answer ✓
    Hi

Buy commercially a micro SD from 16 GB to 32 GB maximum.

To add a requested language, to moderator @VikramK if available for your device.
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,831
    Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Gabriel73

The GO Discover units do not have an extra memory slot as they have 32gb of internal memory so able to store a significant number of maps. As the units connect to Wifi to download maps, they will not download maps if connected to a PC, then it is easy to add and delete maps as and when they are required. For example on the older units you downloaded a European map however for the vast number of users many of the countries included in the map were never required whereas now you can download just those you need.

To change the language on the device then you Tap Menu/Settings/Language and Units and Tap the current language at the top to see the list of available languages.

Doug
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,797
    Superuser
    edited January 26 Answer ✓
    Hi
    @Gabriel73
    Gabriel73 wrote: »
    Hi ,
    But I saw on back side a small hole, is for memory micro-SD or not?
    Thanks a lot
    The Only 'Hole' I see in the back of my GO Discovery is the Micro USB Port....
    There is >> NO << Micro SDHC Memory expansion slot available for the GO Discover range of devices...

Stay safe... ATB YFM

Answers

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,354
    Revered Voyager
    Answer ✓
    Hi

Buy commercially a micro SD from 16 GB to 32 GB maximum.

To add a requested language, to moderator @VikramK if available for your device.
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,831
    Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Hi @Gabriel73

The GO Discover units do not have an extra memory slot as they have 32gb of internal memory so able to store a significant number of maps. As the units connect to Wifi to download maps, they will not download maps if connected to a PC, then it is easy to add and delete maps as and when they are required. For example on the older units you downloaded a European map however for the vast number of users many of the countries included in the map were never required whereas now you can download just those you need.

To change the language on the device then you Tap Menu/Settings/Language and Units and Tap the current language at the top to see the list of available languages.

Doug
  • Gabriel73
    Gabriel73 Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Seeker
    Hi ,
    But i saw on back side a small hole , is for memory micro sd or not ?
    Thanks a lot
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,797
    Superuser
    edited January 26 Answer ✓
    Hi
    @Gabriel73
    Gabriel73 wrote: »
    Hi ,
    But I saw on back side a small hole, is for memory micro-SD or not?
    Thanks a lot
    The Only 'Hole' I see in the back of my GO Discovery is the Micro USB Port....
    There is >> NO << Micro SDHC Memory expansion slot available for the GO Discover range of devices...

Stay safe... ATB YFM