Where are the controls/buttons in Android Auto? Only the exit X is shown

Edwinek
Edwinek Registered Users Posts: 6
Master Traveler
I recently started using AmiGO with AA in my Toyota Corolla (2021). The app starts and shows the map correctly. I also get speed camera warnings at the right places. That's all working. but I don't see a way to use it for actual navigation.

At startup, I just see a zoomed out map. When I touch the screen, the only control that is shown is the exit button top right, nothing else. Nowhere to enter my destination.

Weirdly, it worked once, I think the first time I used it. After that, it's just the zoomed out map. Pinch-to-zoom doesn't work either.

Am I doing something wrong? As I understand it, touching the screen (in the car) once should bring up the controls, not just the X button. I checked the permissions in Android, AmiGO has them all. I also set it to unlimited background use.
Tagged:

Comments

• lampard
    lampard Administrators Posts: 5,952
    Hi @Edwinek

Welcome to the Community! Are you not seeing any zoom in/out, North-up, or search button on the Android Auto screen? I think when you touch anywhere on the screen, it should bring up the map controls. After 10 seconds or so, the map controls will disappear. If possible, please add a screenshot here.
    2w6baentnjqy.png
    Best, lampard
  • mapfanatic
    mapfanatic Registered Users Posts: 2,253
    Revered Voyager
    @Edwinek @lampard
    unfortunately not unusual with the current version. The second time you start AmiGo, all buttons are available.
  • Edwinek
    Master Traveler
    lampard wrote: »
    Hi @Edwinek
    Are you not seeing any zoom in/out, North-up, or search button on the Android Auto screen?

No, sadly not. There's just the map (zoomed out a long way, not the driving view) and one button with an X on it, which closes the app.
  • Edwinek
    Master Traveler
    mapfanatic wrote: »
    unfortunately not unusual with the current version. The second time you start AmiGo, all buttons are available.

Not really, on the last drive, the app was restarted three of four times, to no avail.
  • mapfanatic
    mapfanatic Registered Users Posts: 2,253
    Revered Voyager
    Edwinek wrote: »
    mapfanatic wrote: »

Not really, on the last drive, the app was restarted three of four times, to no avail.

Too bad I'm lucky then... B)
  • Edwinek
    Master Traveler
    @mapfanatic, looks like it. I'll try a reinstall next, or else wait for the next update
  • liming
    liming Registered Users Posts: 11
    Master Explorer
    My experience is unlock your phone first and then plug in with your car to enable AA. It looks like Amigo needs to wait the status is unlock to enable the screen input, unless it will only show a X button for you.
  • Edwinek
    Master Traveler
    After some tinkering, it seems the best chance of succes is when I first plug in the phone, then start the car. Also, I've removed the Flitsmeister app from AA, on a whim, maybe that made a difference as well.
    Let's see how it works out the next few drives.