iOS: The guidance view's Instruction panel: Limited information until 1 mile before the next turn

PrivateerUK
PrivateerUK Registered Users Posts: 388
Supreme Pioneer
Hi,

Would it be possible to have a user setting for when (distance) the complete information about the next turn is shown in the Instruction panel (item no 3) at the top of the guidance view?

guidanceviewwithcallouts.png

The Instruction panel always shows the following information:
  1. The direction of your next turn.
  2. The distance to your next turn.

At 1 mile or nearer:
  • The name of the next road on your route, together with details such as junction/exit number or the type of junction, e.g. roundabout etc.
  • Lane guidance at some junctions.

At 1 mile on high-speed roads, you will have less than one minute to glance at the Instruction panel for complete information, and that may not be enough time on a busy road.

It would be nice to have the option of something like 5, 10 miles or ∞ for complete information all of the time about the next turn.

Thanks,
Tagged:

Comments

• lampard
    lampard Administrators Posts: 5,956
    Hello @PrivateerUK

Thanks for this feedback! There's an existing improvement ticket for NIP to show earlier than 2/3.1km before the exit (GONAV-1101), I've forwarded the details.

Best, lampard
  • PrivateerUK
    Supreme Pioneer
    Hi @lampard,

Thanks for the reply.

Is it possible for us to see the lists of improvement tickets?

Regards,
  • PrivateerUK
    Supreme Pioneer
    edited February 26
    Hi @lampard,

I've now made a few motorway journeys, and I've seen that the complete information about the next turn shown in the Instruction panel is now given two miles before the junction instead of just one mile. Please thank everyone involved in this change as it is a very useful safety-related feature as it gives you more warning to get into the correct lane.

Kind Regards,