after an update, no traffic camera warnings

Radaway
Radaway Registered Users Posts: 16
Master Explorer
GO 5100 WORLD
after an update, no traffic camera warnings come at all.
rest all is fine, routing etc...but when i pass traffic (speed) cams , none are shown & no audible warnings either.
any ideas anyone ?
btw i have updtd. the device to todays update. (however I have been noticing this since last week) . I need to see tomorrow if this still is the same or not( I pass the same speed cam daily)

Best Answer

• Radaway
    Master Explorer
    Answer ✓
    Hello Willy875 & VikramK

Firstly a Big thanks for trying to assist me here with the Issue ! ( I really mean it )
    Okay, so this is what has happened in the time being.
    as usual I tried to connect my device to my PC and go for the daily updates( I try this every 3-4 days).
    another speed cam update was carried out (nothing major this time qua updates)
    I sat in the car , drove away ,....Lo & behold, we are back on Line !
    The gprs status is now connected , and passing through camera hotspots is giving the beeping noise too( configured alerts/warnings)
    Basically all is back to normalcy once again.
    So, I never had to 'reset' the device like member VikramK mentioned & neither did I have to backup data because the former did not happen at all.

to be short : the issue resolved all by itself .

This is strange , because it still demands the question, why did it suddenly go 'sick' and what made it come back on line again ?
    during the 'sick' period , I had carried out 2 daily updates( withing freq. of 3-4 days) , but it did not help,

This begets only 3 responses:

- either the last update helped( sounds very flimsy)
    - it didn''t lie on the updates at all
    - something happened where we can't keep the finger on the pulse. something happened on the back-end ?

If either or anyone from your team has any response to this , I would be somewhat wiser than now :)

wisjing you all a Good weekend !

Thanks & Regards

Answers

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,721
    Hi @Radaway
    The services for Traffic and Speed Cameras look okay for your TomTom.
    For the traffic and connectivity issues, I would suggest that you try the steps advised in the video below-

For speed cameras, I would suggest that you try the steps below-

Remove speed cameras - https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013900380

Disconnect the device and perform a soft reset-

Install/update speed cameras-
    https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013959559

Disconnect the device and perform another soft reset.

Test the device on a planned route and see if the alerts are working.

Thanks, Vikram
  • Radaway
    Master Explorer
    edited January 26
    Hi VikramK
    Thx. for the info 1st-ly !

2 things

1) all my places etc. will get erased(following the video advice). This is no joy . so where can I export and then re-import all my config. settings , plus routes ?

2) why did this even happen ? I see the gprs status is 'disconnected'(20404,0,1,0,0,0) . I have lifetime membership on this device(& ALL SERVICES ARE ACTIVATED). This looks like a Bug that will invade at some point of time again and all that is left for the user is to hard reset the device ( not a very amicable solution for an user I would guess)

hope to hear

Thx.
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,330
    Revered Voyager
    edited January 26
    Hi

Connect your GPS to Mydrive with the same Go 5100 login credentials, all your locations and routes will be saved.

https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013958599-Transférer-des-éléments-de-TomTom-MyDrive-sur-votre-GPS

• Radaway
    Master Explorer
    Answer ✓
    Hello Willy875 & VikramK

Firstly a Big thanks for trying to assist me here with the Issue ! ( I really mean it )
    Okay, so this is what has happened in the time being.
    as usual I tried to connect my device to my PC and go for the daily updates( I try this every 3-4 days).
    another speed cam update was carried out (nothing major this time qua updates)
    I sat in the car , drove away ,....Lo & behold, we are back on Line !
    The gprs status is now connected , and passing through camera hotspots is giving the beeping noise too( configured alerts/warnings)
    Basically all is back to normalcy once again.
    So, I never had to 'reset' the device like member VikramK mentioned & neither did I have to backup data because the former did not happen at all.

to be short : the issue resolved all by itself .

This is strange , because it still demands the question, why did it suddenly go 'sick' and what made it come back on line again ?
    during the 'sick' period , I had carried out 2 daily updates( withing freq. of 3-4 days) , but it did not help,

This begets only 3 responses:

- either the last update helped( sounds very flimsy)
    - it didn''t lie on the updates at all
    - something happened where we can't keep the finger on the pulse. something happened on the back-end ?

If either or anyone from your team has any response to this , I would be somewhat wiser than now :)

wisjing you all a Good weekend !

Thanks & Regards