Device tomtom go 520 not working after update tomtom home

TonySung
TonySung Registered Users Posts: 4
New Seeker
edited January 20 in Devices using TomTom HOME
Hi,

I also have a GO 520, it was working fine until yesterday I updated it with the new TomTom Home2 PC software. It now says the UK & Ireland Map in my SD card cannot be used. The device is now stuck in the 'Select a Map Screen', I have no way to factory reset it as I cannot get to the MENU on screen, also when connected to the PC, the PC software does not have the factory reset function either. I tried the soft reset but it still says I cannot use the Map that comes with the device. Please advise any solution to factory reset to allow me to use my old map ? Thanks in advance.

Tony

Best Answers

Answers

• TonySung
    New Seeker
    Hi,

I also have a GO 520, it was working fine until yesterday I updated it with the new TomTom Home2 PC software. It now says the UK & Ireland Map in my SD card cannot be used. The device is now stuck in the 'Select a Map Screen', I have no way to factory reset it as I cannot get to the MENU on screen, also when connected to the PC, the PC software does not have the factory reset function either. I tried the soft reset but it still says I cannot use the Map that comes with the device. Please advise any solution to factory reset to allow me to use my old map ? Thanks in advance.

Tony
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,815
    Hi @TonySung
    A map has been reactivated for your TomTom. Just remove the existing map first and download fresh version..

Regards
    Vikram
  • TonySung
    New Seeker
    VikramK wrote: »
    Hi @TonySung
    A map has been reactivated for your TomTom. Just remove the existing map first and download fresh version..
    Regards
    Vikram

Dear Vikram

Thank you for the prompt advice. How do I download the map? Do I erase my memory card and go to my TomTom One software to "Manage my GO" to add the Map? Please advise. Thanks.

Tony
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,450
    Revered Voyager
    Hi

you connect your GPS to the computer via Tomtom home you delete the map installed on your GPS then via Tomtom home you download the new map.
  • VikramK
    Answer ✓
    Delete the map on the device-
    See steps on our article here-
    https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013901300

Download a fresh map offered as a download-

https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013961259

Thanks,
    Vikram.
  • TonySung
    New Seeker
    edited January 19
    Dear All

Thank you for the instructions. My Go520 is now recovered in good working order.

Much obliged for all the help from you all especially @VikramK

Tony
  • VikramK
    Answer ✓
    Thanks Tony.
    I’m glad to hear you got it sorted! :D

When you're satisfied that your question has been answered, please mark your topic as solved so that others with a similar question may find the answer easier.

If you have further questions, don't hesitate to post back here.

-Vikram.
This discussion has been closed.