MyDrive app error "Oops - a new route could not be planned. Please try again later"

LPH1964
LPH1964 Registered Users Posts: 2
New Seeker
Whenever I try to plan a route on the app I just get the message “oops it is not possible to plan a route at this time try again later “I have uninstalled the app I have logged out and log back in I have made sure it is up to date and nothing seems to work any ideas what the problem is?

Best Answer

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,709
    edited January 19 Answer ✓
    Hello everyone :)
    Our team has deployed a fix and after the recent tests the route planning seems to be working fine.

Thanks, @Essex_Trucker_Dec94 & @sireland for confirming...

We have kept the ticket open as we are monitoring the situation, let me know if you see the error again.

Regards,
    Vikram.

Answers

• Rixington43
    Rixington43 Registered Users Posts: 4
    Master Traveler
    Hi All

I have had a Rider 410 for a couple of years now and not had an issue but last week I developed a problem with MyDrive. I had created a new route on the web version of the app and then tried to view and rename it later via the mobile App. Upon trying to save the route with a new name, the mobile App said an error had occured. Follwing this error I am now unable to enter the My Routes section of the mobile App at all as this error returns every time. On the web browser version I can open My Routes but no routes are returned despite having had several previously. My existing routes are still present on my Rider 410 unit but I can't see them via the app. Also, if I create a new route and save on the app then this route shows on the Rider but still nothing shows in the app (Mobile or Web).
    Kind of frustrating as I use the web and mobile apps to create routes for my device all the time, it's the main reason I chose TomTom in the first place.
    Anyone have any ideas how I can get back to a functioning system please.

Thanks
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,319
    Revered Voyager
    edited January 19
    Hi
    Any idea have you tried to remove login credentials on Mydrive
    fit them in again
  • Rixington43
    Master Traveler
    edited January 19
    Hi There

Thanks for the suggestion.
    I've tried logging out on all devices and even tried uninstalling the app from mobile so I only use the browser version. I still get the same behaviour of no existing routes showing and no ability to create and save new routes. It's almost as if the app can send data to my account and then to my Rider device but the app can't access any stored data relating to routes.
  • Rixington43
    Master Traveler
    edited January 19
    I've been in contact with TomTom support who have said they will get back to me as they need to investigate this issue internally.
    I will post whatever response/resolution I get in case anyone else comes across this issue and needs an answer.
  • Steven70
    Steven70 Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Seeker
    edited January 19
    Same here. No saving, importing or previous saved routes in the app or the browser version. Waiting for your answer from TomTom.
  • Dunista
    Dunista Registered Users Posts: 1
    Novice Seeker
    edited January 19
    For a few days I too have had the same problem. I can't view saved routes with apps on the web.
    I hope they solve the problem because I have a short trip and I need the routes.
  • danielforniestomtom
    danielforniestomtom Staff Posts: 35 Staff
    edited January 19
    Hi all,

We are working on a hotfix for this issue, we'll keep you posted!
    (It was hard to detect because it happens only if you had certain types of routes uploaded by certain clients)

Best Regards,

Daniel
  • danielforniestomtom
    danielforniestomtom Staff Posts: 35 Staff
    edited January 19
    Hi all,
    We have deployed a hotfix.
    This is about dynamic data, so we're not 100% sure yet if it'll fix all the issues.
    Can you please try again and let us know if you still have errors?
    Thanks!
    Daniel
  • Rixington43
    Master Traveler
    edited January 19
    Hi Daniel

I can see all My Routes have returned (including the several test routes I attempted to create during the outage).
    I have tried the following tests;

All Routes are correct (Some set to sync, some saved but not synced) across web, mobile app and device (Rider 410 unit).
    I can alter sync status on web or app and this is reflected correctly across all platforms.
    I can create and edit new or existing routes on web and these changes are reflected on all platforms.
    I can create and edit new or existing routes on mobile app and these changes are reflected on all platforms.
    I can delete a route from anywhere and this is reflected across all platforms.

* The only (very minor) remaining issue is editing a route via the mobile app that was originally created on web browser. Trying to edit the itinerary details or the route itself is fine but when I click 'save' on mobile, I get an error saying to try again later. The changes are actually saved and these do sync across all platforms but I still get the error. This does not occur if the route is created on mobile app and then edited on mobile or web.

Overall though, back to working order.
    Thanks very much
  • Malekith
    Malekith Registered Users Posts: 13
    Master Explorer
    Hi, I have the Mydrive App (v2.13.2) I think the latest, but it was upgraded 9 months ago, and today I cannot plan any route, allways got this message:
    "Oops - a new route could not be planned. Please try again later", but I'm receiving this message during all the day.
    Is this app maintained? Or it has been discontinued..
  • Mozzer1974
    Mozzer1974 Registered Users Posts: 3
    Apprentice Traveler
    edited January 18
    So deleted, reinstalled but still get same thing, the app is IOS.day1jwhicidp.png
  • Timeonmyhands6200
    Timeonmyhands6200 Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    edited January 18
    I have the same problem. I have uninstalled the app on my iPad but when I try to reinstall it from the App Store it says open. But it can’t open as it’s been uninstalled?
  • Malekith
    Malekith Registered Users Posts: 13
    Master Explorer
    edited January 18
    Reinstalled it, deleted cache.. tried everything.. the iPhone is running the latest ios version 15.2.1

Any update from Tomtom?
  • Greg999
    Greg999 Registered Users Posts: 12
    Master Explorer
    edited January 18
    Same problem. Occurred yesterday… 🥴
  • Lochfrass
    Lochfrass Posts: 17,713
    Superuser
    edited January 18
    +1 for the Android Version here in Germany.
  • Sokolowski
    Sokolowski Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Seeker
    edited January 18
    Hello, I have same problem. Reinstalled it, deleted cache. Any update from Tomtom?. Thanks
  • sireland
    sireland Registered Users Posts: 2
    New Seeker
    edited January 18
    Same here tried everything, got to be a problem with Tomtom app ??
  • BodiRar
    BodiRar Registered Users Posts: 8
    Apprentice Traveler
    edited January 18
    My app say in the last 2 days,only "oops-a new route can't be planned now. Try later" . But later is the same problem.
  • Gertdj
    Gertdj Registered Users Posts: 5
    Master Traveler
    edited January 19
    Hi Daniël,

Here in Belgium it still won't work. Same error.
  • Gertdj
    Gertdj Registered Users Posts: 5
    Master Traveler
    edited January 18
    Since today it won't caluclate or show or sync a route from the app (on Iphone) tot my device. (Tomtom Go). Resetted everything, logging ouit and in... nothing works... What's happening or do I wrong?
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,709
    edited January 19
    Hi All,
    We have seen reports of contacts logged by our Customer Service team regarding the same issue.
    A task has been created for our team to investigate the issue on CCARE-3505

I have merged all the discussions where the same problem was reported on our forum.

Will post back with any updates as they come...

Regards,
    Vikram.
  • MarkW93
    MarkW93 Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Seeker
    When I try to plan a route on the MyDrive app on the IPhone, it is bringing up this error message. I have been using this app for over 2 years and never had this problem, it is bringing up the error message for any route I try planning, using different starting points and different vehicles etc. I have deleted the app and redownloaded and also restarted my phone but nothing is changing. Please help.
  • Pobox557
    Pobox557 Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Seeker
    i have created a few routes and saved into my routes. For a few days its been working fine where i pull them up and they would transfer to my tomtom.

Then just today, when i click on my routes i select the one i want, click on edit a message pops up saying......

"oops - a new route could not be planned please try again"

after this i cant get any further. i cant even set up a new route as the same message comes up.

And when i try to access the my routes from the tomtom........ which is all listed but when i select it the route comes up but it misses all the stops inbetween just showa the starting point and the last point.

Any ideas?
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,319
    Revered Voyager
    edited January 19
    An investigation has been opened see moderator's post @VikramK https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1795722/#Comment_1795722
  • Mozzer1974
    Mozzer1974 Registered Users Posts: 3
    Apprentice Traveler
    edited January 18
    Problem is also on android tablet, I planned my route on laptop, which worked, but this is not an option when driving a great big f***ing truck, it shouldn’t be called Tom Tom ,more like Tom tit, we all know what’s rhymes with tit.
This discussion has been closed.