update charging stations ...really!?

promomast
promomast Registered Users Posts: 15
Master Explorer
i don't have an electric motor cycle ...i would bet not many of us do here ...we are motorcyclists who have purchased a not inexpensive tomtom 550 ...

like many others i'm in loop with the last update ...update 1 left ...charging stations ... i click off and continue ...guess what it never goes away ....

simple question why!?

promomast - i run western europe maps as i ride thru france germany and switzerland from the uk

Answers

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,815
    Hi @promomast
    The update for charging stations is a part of an embedded service which cannot be disabled.
    If you don't wish to install the update, you can always untick the option and ignore it in future.

Regards
    Vikram.
  • promomast
    promomast Registered Users Posts: 15
    Master Explorer
    VikramK wrote: »
    Hi @promomast
    The update for charging stations is a part of an embedded service which cannot be disabled.
    If you don't wish to install the update, you can always untick the option and ignore it in future.

Regards
    Vikram.

Hi Vikram ... yes saw that ... did it 3 times but when you go back ... settings still items 1 in red and when I open the screen to search there it is at the bottom saying charging update ... update button glowing !

thats just a pain and a good coder could sort that in a jiffy ... my job is wayfinding and wayshowing ... thats a nonsense piece of information I'm stuck with

embedded is nonsense thinking ... its a sold as a motorcycle user unit ?

in the end i've wasted 127Mb of space and down loaded it ...

I paid for the best you have ... I expect to be so

obviously not your fault but as the messenger ... if as i've assumed you are part of team tomtom by any chance please send this message back

i see quite a few are having update problems ... it doesn't look good

tomba