GO 6000 nav4 update fails

pappin
pappin Registered Users Posts: 5
Apprentice Seeker
Trying to update my GO 6000 MyDrive connect shows Nav4 update v21.20 needs to be installed but it keeps failing.
I only have the Europe +United Kingdom +Ireland map installed
MyDrive connect shows 72Mb free on my device and 29649 MB free on the sd card
I suspect this is a memory problem.

I see a few others have had a similar problem which seem to have been resolved in this post https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1126667/cant-get-past-nav4-installation

Can someone help please

Thanks

Comments

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,444
    Revered Voyager
    Delete the Europe map on your device then reinstall the complete Europe map on the SD card.
  • pappin
    Apprentice Seeker
    Thanks for your reply but I think I saw somewhere that the device won't load at all if the map only map is deleted ??
  • Willy875
    Revered Voyager
    I thought 3 cards had been installed?
    I only installed the Europe + UK + Ireland map.

In my opinion you have not installed the full Europe map a full Europe map weighs 9 GB.
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,862
    Superuser
    Hi @pappin

Look back here tomorrow to see what @VikramK has to suggest. The problem is probably memory related and so he may add a small map to your account which you can download to the device then you will be able to clear the internal memory by deleting the map on it . To do this I suggest you are likely to need a Micro SD Class 10 memory card, I recommend a 16gb or max 32gb card, so that you can load the extra map onto the unit using the extra memory card. Then when you delete the existing map hopefully you can download the update and then load the full Europe map. If when you do this you think to delete the small map I suggest that you don't but leave it on the device to help avoid the No Maps Found situation. With the 2 maps on the unit if you do updates one at a time then if you have an issue updating the main map and so lose it from the unit you still have the small map to enable you to start and manage the unit.

Doug
  • pappin
    Apprentice Seeker
    Thanks Doug,

I agree with you and think its a memory issue.

Hopefully @VikramK can help

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,810
    Hi @pappin
    Welcome to the community!
    I have asked my team to make some changes in the backend. Connect the device to MyDrive Connect and check for updates again.

The map of Europe will also be offered in smaller map regions/countries.

Regards,
    Vikram.
  • pappin
    Apprentice Seeker
    edited January 18
    Hello VikramK

Thanks for your quick response.

When I open MyDrive Connect now my GO 6000 and select the Nav4 update I am getting the following;

Getting Ready.... DOWNLOADING ITEMS

Then I get

Failed to download content for your GO 6000 with ID QQxxxxxxxxxx61
    Please consult your network settings.

The URL is as follows:
    http://download.tomtom.com/sweet/navcore/00000000-0311-0021-2000-0eb3c0790003_system-update.ttpkg.

I have tried changing the network settings though the current settings have worked before. I also tried disabling my firewall though this has not caused any problems previously.

There are now no maps on my GO 6000

Can you help please

Thanks

Mod edit: Please don't post private or personal information on a public forum. Thanks!
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,810
    Hi @pappin,
    You already have an active subscription on the account for updates. When connected to MyDrive Connect there should be an available updated to download.

Could you try the steps advised on our support article here- https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013959859

Regards,
    Vikram.
  • pappin
    Apprentice Seeker
    edited January 18
    Hi Vikram,

Thanks I have tried the steps you suggested but the update never gets past 2% before it fails with the message;

Failed to download content for your GO 6000 with ID QQxxxxxxxx61
    Please consult your network settings.

The URL is as follows:
    http://download.tomtom.com/sweet/navcore/00000000-0311-0021-2000-0eb3c0790003_system-update.ttpkg.

Thanks

Mod edit: Please don't post private or personal information on a public forum. Thanks!
  • Willy875
    Revered Voyager
    In Mydrive connect > settings > download have you checked so that the map is downloaded first on the computer.

if you have the possibility to try on another computer.