How can I re-install the last available working map for the TomTom Go 740 Live?

mgress
mgress Registered Users Posts: 4
New Seeker
I havent used my device for a long time, but decided to use it again. Last I used it was on a different computer, so I didnt have a backup. Somehow when doing an update I lost the map that was on the device. Now it is stating it has no maps. When I try to update, it is trying to update to a North America Map, but it says " item was not valid after installation." I just want what was on the device that was working. It doesnt even need to be North America, all I need is United States. If someone could help with this that would be great. Thanks

Comments

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,303
    Hi @mgress
    Welcome to the community! The exact map version may or may not be available on our servers for download. I have activated a different map on your account, please check for updates in TomTom HOME.

Regards
    Vikram.
  • mgress
    New Seeker
    Thanks for the help, but that didnt do it. Its now stating, "Insert a memory card for your new items, your new items currently dont fit on your navigation device." I even formated the device to make sure nothing was on it, then only selected to install the USA/Canada map and nothing else. No voices, fixes,etc.. and thats the message I received.
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 10,041
    Superuser
    Hi @mgress
    s ,
    Do you have an extra memory card fitted already and so what size is it and how much spare memory I there on it. It is possible that the available map , like most over the years, needs the availability of an extra memory card on the device with sufficient spare memory for the map to fit.

Doug
  • mgress
    New Seeker
    No, I do not have a memory card. I was hoping I could get the older maps that did fit on the device and worked before I did the update. Are you saying this is not possible? I dont know what happened during the update that deleted the map that was currently on there. Thanks
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 10,041
    Superuser
    edited January 13
    Hi @mgress

Does the unit start up normally? It is most likely that the map that is on the TT servers is now too big to fit on the internal memory along with the Operating system etc. Try fitting a Micro SD Class 10 memory card. Normally 16gb or 8gb is recommended but if you can see in Home what size the map is that @VikramK has added to your account then maybe a smaller card will suffice.

Doug
  • mgress
    New Seeker
    It did start up normally before the update. Now it boots to a picture of the unit with an x over the sd card. So there is no way to get the older map that did work on the unit?