changing sd card on the GO 600 tomtom

ttrider2
ttrider2 Registered Users Posts: 26
Legendary Explorer
edited January 13 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
My TomTom GO600 has an 8GB micro SD card fitted. Latest maps will not fit. I wish to fit a 32 GB card in place of the existing small one. I have no idea if there is a keeper map on the internal memory as the device is an 'inherited' one. Is the change straightforward or are there pitfalls I should be aware of?

Best Answers

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 6,625
    Elite Voyager
    edited January 12 Answer ✓
    Removing the SD from the GPS and then turning on the GPS would see you if a map is installed on the internal memory.

If the card is on internal memory, insert the new Sd 32 GB to install the new Europe card.
  • ttrider2
    Legendary Explorer
    Answer ✓
    Thank you. I have the device running without the SD card and I appear to have the Europe with benelux buildings v. 1075.11008 installed.

Answers

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 6,625
    Elite Voyager
    edited January 12 Answer ✓
    Removing the SD from the GPS and then turning on the GPS would see you if a map is installed on the internal memory.

If the card is on internal memory, insert the new Sd 32 GB to install the new Europe card.
  • ttrider2
    Legendary Explorer
    Answer ✓
    Thank you. I have the device running without the SD card and I appear to have the Europe with benelux buildings v. 1075.11008 installed.