How to get gpx track file out from Start 52?

Honkken
Honkken Registered Users Posts: 2
New Seeker
Hello!

I have a Start52 unit and I've been driving around with it a while.
Now I'd like to export collected GPS data out of it, a gpx file.

a) TomTom Start52 does not show up as a memory device when plugged into USB--> so no file transfer with copy-paste !
b) Manual says: 'You can save gpx to memory card...', My memory card does not show up when plugged to reader: 'wrong type formatting!'
c) Manual says: ' To save...go to 'MyRoutes' in MyTomTom Connect main menu. My MyTomTom Connect main menu has no 'My routes', nor anybody else's routes???

My is helpless!

-Timo-

Best Answer

• Honkken
    New Seeker
    Answer ✓
    Jee, I figured it out the hard way:

- The word 'Menu' refers to navigator menu, not MyConnect menu! Stupid me!
    - I can (only) save the track to mem card, and I do not need MyConnect at all!!
    Here internet search misleaded me since it was mentioned that tracks can only be exported with MyConnect (since TomTom does not show up as USB device)
    - The card must be changed while exporting !!! Map+voice card is TomTom-formatted, .gpx file requires a'normal' card! Wunderbar!

So the answer:
    Do not open MyConnect
    Have a extra NTFS-card inserted
    In unit menu: MyTracks + share = copies it to mem card
    Take the card and walk to PC

Thanks.

-Timo-

Answers

• Honkken
    New Seeker
    Answer ✓
    Jee, I figured it out the hard way:

- The word 'Menu' refers to navigator menu, not MyConnect menu! Stupid me!
    - I can (only) save the track to mem card, and I do not need MyConnect at all!!
    Here internet search misleaded me since it was mentioned that tracks can only be exported with MyConnect (since TomTom does not show up as USB device)
    - The card must be changed while exporting !!! Map+voice card is TomTom-formatted, .gpx file requires a'normal' card! Wunderbar!

So the answer:
    Do not open MyConnect
    Have a extra NTFS-card inserted
    In unit menu: MyTracks + share = copies it to mem card
    Take the card and walk to PC

Thanks.

-Timo-