tomtom go discover 7 inch

Covkid62
Covkid62 Registered Users Posts: 583
Supreme Navigator
edited January 11 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
just bought the above device and it's supposed to have world maps but if #i go to the maps page the add button is greyed out and is only showing the europe map...any ideas.
Also it's showing 39 map updates but when you click on it,it says updates available but no updates are showing

Best Answers

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 3,914
    Revered Voyager
    Accepted Answer
    Check back tomorrow, moderator @VikramK will review your account and assign the service to you.
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,502
    Superuser
    edited January 11 Accepted Answer
    Hi
    @Covkid62
    The new Go Discover & Expert Maps can ONLY be updated over Wi-Fi…
    The USB/MyDrive Connect data connection has a higher priority to the Wi-Fi data connection
    Therefore, the Wi-Fi data connection is suspended while the device is connected over USB….

Stay Safe… ATB YFM

Answers

• Covkid62
    Supreme Navigator
    think i've sorted it...unplugged from my pc as my drive connect was running and now it's showing all the map updates and the add map button is working...very odd
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 3,914
    Revered Voyager
    Accepted Answer
    Check back tomorrow, moderator @VikramK will review your account and assign the service to you.
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,502
    Superuser
    edited January 11 Accepted Answer
    Hi
    @Covkid62
    The new Go Discover & Expert Maps can ONLY be updated over Wi-Fi…
    The USB/MyDrive Connect data connection has a higher priority to the Wi-Fi data connection
    Therefore, the Wi-Fi data connection is suspended while the device is connected over USB….

Stay Safe… ATB YFM
  • Covkid62
    Supreme Navigator
    thanks for the help guys but think I've sorted it out....didn't realise sharing my pc connection like before with my previous devices actually stopped it updating