Go Camper V10.82 Maps offered today. What bug fixes or improvements are included???

Lost_Soul
Lost_Soul Registered Users Posts: 444
Supreme Pioneer
I was offered the V10.82 Map of Europe for my Go Camper today which I have downloaded.

As this is outside of the normal 3 monthly map update cycle I assume it must be either improvements or bug fixes???

However, after checking the installation; the crazy illogical routing (which has been present since mid 2019) I have reported on numerous times is still present as are the illogical restrictions on major roads causing unnecessary diversions............ :'(

@VikramK What bug fixes or improvements are included in the V10.82 map please ???

Best Answer

• Lost_Soul
    Supreme Pioneer
    Answer ✓
    @Willy875

Thank you - it seems that the update was for users in France............. B)

I will have to wait even longer to get the map corrections for my Go Camper for use here in the UK.

Will soon be approaching 3 years of waiting for TomTom to cure the issues - although I am rapidly losing faith in their ability to do so, given the multitude of additional errors that appear with each new map release. :s

Answers

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 6,523
    Elite Voyager
    edited January 11
    What I Found The latest map version from Tomtom is 1082 (only for maps that include France).

https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013959519-Les-cartes-les-plus-récentes-pour-les-GPS
  • Lost_Soul
    Supreme Pioneer
    Answer ✓
    @Willy875

Thank you - it seems that the update was for users in France............. B)

I will have to wait even longer to get the map corrections for my Go Camper for use here in the UK.

Will soon be approaching 3 years of waiting for TomTom to cure the issues - although I am rapidly losing faith in their ability to do so, given the multitude of additional errors that appear with each new map release. :s
  • Lochfrass
    Lochfrass Posts: 18,460
     Superuser
    edited January 11
    Announcement from the German forum part:
    Hello all,

Map version 10.82 has just been released and includes the following:

Release of maps (all regions) for Smart Media Connected (with version 10.80 we did not release maps for Smart Media Connect).
    Fix for Paris speed limits (30km/h)*. All map regions that include France as a country are included in this release (for example: France / EU/ WE).

*In August 2020, the speed limit in Paris will be reduced to 30km/h.After version 10.82, the changes will be visible. For the NDS maps (maps for GO Discover/GO Expert), the speed limit changes are already included since November 2020.

Edit: Now announcement here too: https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/1142032/new-maps-v10-82-available-for-download
  • Lost_Soul
    Supreme Pioneer
    @Lochfrass

Thank you and yes I saw the UK announcement from @VikramK.

So it's a fix for Paris speed limits (30km/h), so nothing to see here to correct the many bugs still present on the Go Camper in the UK.