Are Live Services and Speed Cameras the same?

Sordyste
Sordyste Registered Users Posts: 10
Apprentice Seeker
On 1st Jan I ordered "Live Services" and had it acknowledged by TomTom in an email. They sent me "Speed Cameras". That is what is waiting for me to download on MyDrive Connect. Despite multiple appeals for help from TomTom, their email replies fail to recognise that simple issue. They assumed that I had a connectivity problem, that my device needed a restart, then they said that they had checked and that they had sent Live Services and once again was my connectivity a problem. I have dealt with two different people from the help desk.

I stated the problem as simply as I could "I ordered Live Services, you sent Speed Cameras, please correct." To no avail. It is as though I'm speaking a foreign language.

I am coming to the conclusion that Live Services and Speed Cameras may be the same thing, albeit with different names. Which is why when they check, they believe that I got what I ordered. If they are not the same, then there is a serious level of incompetence on the help desk. If they are the same then will someone please tell me and then my problem will be over.
Thanks in advance. :)

Answers

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,306
    Revered Voyager
    If you purchase the service over the air, speed cameras are included in the subscription.
    you have a Go live 1005 motorhome your Sim card can be deactivated after 18 months without renewing your subscription.

If your Sim card has been deactivated, you still have speed cameras to download from Mydrive connect.
  • Sordyste
    Apprentice Seeker
    Thank you Willy85, once again you are helpful. :)
    Almost there.
    I understand that the service "Speed Cameras" is included within "Live Services". That implies that "Speed Cameras" will not have "Live Services" within it. So therefore, they are different. I cannot get TomTom to understand that I ordered Live Services, but they sent Speed Cameras.

I do have the Go Live 1005 device, but I have maintained my subscription since it was new (Apr'13). When I came to renew the Live Services subscription on 22nd Dec, the TomTom website would not accept my payment. Long story short there was a problem with my TomTom account (not my credit card account) which TomTom fixed. I was then able to buy Live Services. Then my problems began.

My TomTom works just fine except that it no longer has Live Services. Doesn't that imply that the sim card is working?
  • Willy875
    Revered Voyager
    Only customer service can tell you if your sim card is activated or not, your best bet is to ask.
  • Sordyste
    Apprentice Seeker
    Thanks Willy875, I have asked Customer Service. It should be a simple yes/no response.

But it will have no impact on my problem, which is they have sent me the wrong product.

Regards
  • Willy875
    Revered Voyager
  • Sordyste
    Apprentice Seeker
    Live services world, yes
    And TomTom acknowledged it.
  • Willy875
    Revered Voyager
    Have you received an invoice?
    Send the invoice to Tomtom as proof that you have purchased the services online.
  • Sordyste
    Apprentice Seeker
    I will do that.
    They don't doubt that I bought Live Services, both of their CS reps said that they had checked and confirmed it.
    They just don't seem to understand that I got something else instead.
    Thanks.
  • Sordyste
    Apprentice Seeker
    I also sent them a screen print from MyDrive Connect that they had sent Speed Cameras.

If that doesn't do it, I really don't know what else to do.

Thanks for your help so far. If it wasn't for you I wouldn't have even got this far.

Regards