My Routes from MyDrive don't sync with TomTom GO Navigation App

Maggus440
Maggus440 Registered Users Posts: 3
Apprentice Seeker
Hi Community,

Perhaps this has been asked before but I couldn't find an answer yet. It might be because I'm new to this forum as I have just started using a TomTom product for the first time.

In my case I use MyDrive (website and app) and have also downloaded today the GO Navigation App (2.8.2) today.
I'm using the latest iOS and have activated in MyDrive that Routes shall be synced. Then from what I know a the route should also show in the MyRoutes in the GO App as a Track at least, but it doesn't and also trying to send the Stops in from the Route editing mode in MyDrive doesn't make a route show in the GO App.

Might it be that it is because I use the GO app in the free test months (I can't imagine that but you never know)?
I have not connected any device with MyDrive as I don't have one and I did not see an option through which the GO App has to be connected with MyDrive somehow first to suggest perhaps that it is a connected device. Again I can't imagine that the problem might come from something like that (but again you never know)?
Therefore, I’m also not using MyDrive Connect / Connected App of course.

I really hope somebody can help me out because this Route Planning in MyDrive or other solution and then GPX file import to MyDrive and eventually transferring to / syncing with the Navigation App (TomTom GO) is why I tried this combo, really hoping for a smooth integration of the solutions. But so far I’m a bit disappointed, but perhaps it’s just me not getting yet how this should work.

If this would work smoothly that would be so fantastic!
According to my research I made before it actually should …

Thanks for anybody’s help and advice.
M

Comments

• Lochfrass
    Lochfrass Posts: 17,765
    Superuser
    Do you use the same Account in the Go App? and is the switch activated?
    https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1793462/#Comment_1793462
  • Maggus440
    Apprentice Seeker
    Lochfrass wrote: »
    Do you use the same Account in the Go App? and is the switch activated?
    https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1793462/#Comment_1793462

Yes, I do and the setting is also correct.
    Interestingly I just found out that one newly created route does sync but then it is a track only and not a proper route which is problematic, if during the drive some stuff happens and re-routing would be needed.
    I understood that for that we would need to send the stops that would then show in MyRoutes with a different symbol (solid arrow) that indicates that it is a route and not a track (dotted arrow) only.

So a bit of achievement now, but not yet what I'm looking for :anguished:
  • Maggus440
    Apprentice Seeker
    Apparently what I was looking for is not supported by TomTom Go Navi App, I might use it then because it has Apple Car Play. It would be great, if this feature could be added to iOS too as for Android it appears to be available. Also it would be great, if during navigation a waypoint could be skipped or said to which next waypoint one would like to navigate, if one had to deviate from the original route.
  • rtacconi
    rtacconi Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Seeker
    I've just installed TomTom Go on my iPhone and bought a subscription. The main usage was to upload and navigate with GPX file, and now I discover I can't? It sounds very silly.
  • Levisp
    Levisp Registered Users Posts: 92
    Supreme Navigator
    edited April 29
    rtacconi wrote: »
    I've just installed TomTom Go on my iPhone and bought a subscription. The main usage was to upload and navigate with GPX file, and now I discover I can't? It sounds very silly.

Yes you can but only through MyDrive Web version. Make a route in MyDrive Web application ( so need a computer ) and then 'Sync' the route to devices and it will show up as a track under 'MyRoutes' in TomTom Go App. This is the only way to import an GPX file into the Go App. Please or please TomTom make this possible as a direct import or at least get MyDrive IOS App to work. You can also through the Web App import a GPX file from your hard drive etc. Last time I looked this was only possible with current version of the Web App not the new Beta Version.