MyDrive issues

RichardvL
RichardvL Registered Users Posts: 2
Apprentice Seeker
Hello, recently I ran into some troubles with MyDrive, both the app and the web version. I use a TomTom Rider 40 for both my bike and in the car. When I created a route in the MyDrive app for IOS and I synchronise this, the first time it says "Synchronisation failed", when I hit the button again it tells me "Success". However, on my Rider 40 the route is not visible, even after a hour. In the MyDrive app I can still see the route.
So I thought I created the route using the web version and then the route is send to my Rider. So far, so good. However no route is visible anymore once I switch to another part in the web version. I have tried to save it as a GPX file and that works, but when I try to load this in the web version, no route is made visible.
And all of this, synchronising from the MyDrive app, saving the routes in the web version and importing as a GPX file, use to work fine, till last week.

Kind regards, Richard
Tagged:

Answers

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,303
    edited January 11
    Hi Richard
    Welcome to the community!
    Have you logged into MyDrive on your RIDER using the same TomTom account?

Also, the sync with MyDrive cloud requires a data connection, so it's important that the RIDER is paired with a smartphone.

Perhaps a Factory Reset might be required to fix any sync/connectivity issues-
    Main Menu- Settings- System- Reset device

Regards
    Vikram
  • RichardvL
    RichardvL Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Seeker
    Hi Vikram, I used the same account on both the Rider and in MyDrive . And yes, a data connection is made for the Rider via my phone.
    I have already reset my Rider to factory default and as I connect the Rider to MyDrive, my places are synchronized.
    But routes are not stored in MyDrive all together at the moment. I used different computers and tablets/phones and different webbrowsers.
  • WouterK
    WouterK Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Traveler
    Exact the same problem here. The iOS version does not seem to synchronize.
    However when i use the web version on my computer it synchronizes to both my TomTom and the iOS version.
  • HermanW
    HermanW Registered Users Posts: 3
    Apprentice Traveler
    Same problem for me. Still no solution???
    Waiting for TomTom to update??

(Problem with iOS 15.4 iPad and iOS 15.3 Phone, Windows 10 is working fine)
  • Levisp
    Levisp Registered Users Posts: 93
    Supreme Navigator
    Same here. MyDrive web syncs to IOS Go App but MyDrive IOS app does not sync. Basically MyDrive IOS app needs an update. It would be so much easier if IOS Go App allowed for direct import of a GPX file.
  • HermanW
    Apprentice Traveler
    This problem exists for some time now, is there any chance that someone from the TomTom organisation reads these posts?
    Maybe they can at least give a reaction when they expect a solution for this issue.
  • Levisp
    Levisp Registered Users Posts: 93
    Supreme Navigator
    As posted earlier I have the same issue. If you plan a route in MyDrive IOS App it will NOT sync to GO App and it will also not load in MyDrive Web. In MyDrive web the route is listed under MyRoutes but when selected nothing. It appears that the route is not being saved on the server just the name. Basically MyDrive IOS App is pretty much useless. Please fix this TomTom.
  • HermanW
    Apprentice Traveler
    Reaction i received today from the TT helpdesk on this issue:

I would like to inform you that we have received a few contacts for the same problem and for this we have created a ticket.
    The issue is under investigation and we don't have a solution for it. We'll let you know once the issue is resolved.