Just bought a 2011 Toyota Aygo with TomTom TNS410 and we have deleted without back up maps and more.

CaityG
CaityG Registered Users Posts: 10
Apprentice Seeker
edited January 9 in Built in car navigation
when its switched on i get blank screen with no maps found!how can i restore maps?

Answers

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,372
    Revered Voyager
    Have you tried connecting your navigation device to your Tomtom Home account?
  • CaityG
    Apprentice Seeker
    Yes we have, we thought the maps were being saved to computer but were deleted. When connected to home account no updates are available and the maps are chargeable, I guess the maps we had were what came with car and are not redownloadable.
  • CaityG
    Apprentice Seeker
    I don't mind buying new map but am weary it will still not work. How do I check what's still on satnav is all I need and nothing else is missing.
  • Willy875
    Revered Voyager
    Normally, if the GPS installed on Toyota is the same as a GPS installed on Carminat, only the map is installed on the SD is the file for recognition at Tomtom Home.

The solution for Tomtom Home to recognize your GPS is to insert the SD in your GPS and start the engine normally the GPS will copy a file to your Sd.

Inserting your SD into your computer, that's what Tomtom Home offers you.

Another solution is to ask the previous owner if they don't have an old backup on their computer.
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,833
    Superuser
    Hi @CaityG

Look back here tomorrow to see if @VikramK can activate a map for you.

Doug
  • CaityG
    Apprentice Seeker
    There was no sd card in when we got the car. Worse thing is everything was working OK, till we took it out and connected it to home to get latest updates. That's when we made the errors, update said not enough space delete these recommended files to free up space, so we did and that's where we are now. I think it has become corrupted but not sure. Thank you for all the replies just hope we can sort it.
  • CaityG
    Apprentice Seeker
    Thanks Doug, if its possible that would great thank you.
  • CaityG
    Apprentice Seeker
    Hope these pics of what's on the satnav will help

tdq7uvn91dll.jpg
    u4ds2b92qgv4.jpg
    fw4ffshoebvi.jpg

• Willy875
    Revered Voyager
    Already you can install some files that are available on Tomtom Home on your GPS to start.

I think the mapping is not complete.
  • CaityG
    Apprentice Seeker
    Thanks willy875,Those in pic are already on satnav, it's just maps that are the problem. I think what's happened is the updated Western Europe map is too big for device and only installed very small file which is now probably corrupted and will not install. When I go on update there's nothing available and in the "shop" all maps including Western Europe are chargeable . I guess the default map which came on the device is now "lost" and I will have to buy a new map for the uk(smaller file so should fit on device). Iam OK with that if I have to but just need someone to confirm installing newly bought map will sort everything.
  • Willy875
    Revered Voyager
    Tomtom TNS410 has 2 GB flash memory and SD card slot

https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013960919-Fonctionnalités-du-Toyota-TNS410

the card is installed in the same way

buy the card on Tomtom Home
  • CaityG
    Apprentice Seeker
    OK, don't know how but found maps. Screen shots below, when I click add it fails to install. Not enough memory. Tried using a 2gb and 4 gb sd card but it appears to only want to install on internal memory.

jygcq010lx6k.jpg
    i7f8cjks7i6s.jpg
    2461wg3xod3u.jpg
  • VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 13,758
    Hi @CaityG
    A different version of the map has been activated for your TomTom. Could you check for updates now?

Regards
    Vikram.
  • CaityG
    Apprentice Seeker
    Thanks Vikram, at work so will try tonight.
  • CaityG
    Apprentice Seeker
    Well that seems to have worked, bit odd as it said installing on internal memory when there was not enough room. But so pleased satnav now back in car and next time there's an update I will not be deleting any lol. Thank you to all who have helped.