Update of Europe map was installed, but the map is still outdated compared to Route Planner

Polda18
Polda18 Registered Users Posts: 11
Apprentice Seeker
I generated a GPX track from a route I want to take back home from school dormitories, imported it in Route Planner and saved into my tracks. All is good, the map on the Route Planner is up to date, it shows the correct route, which is through a newly built and opened highway section of D35 in Czechia (which means I'm going to completely avoid having to drive through Hradec Králové). Well, not so for the map in the device itself, which in my case is Start 62. Despite MyDrive Connect saying the map is up to date, the newly built D35 highway section is still missing and route is directed through various villages around that highway (aproximating the route around a supposedly closed section). So what happened? I already deleted the old tracks, there's basically no way to restore them unless I dig the old GPX files from somewhere and upload them again in time being before the maps are updated for devices as well. The issue is, I can't remember where I put the original GPX files (they might still be on the SD card I have in my device though, so that's something to try out). However, the real issue is that I have outdated map in my device with no way to update it, despite the map in web version of route planner is up to date.

This is what it looks like in the route planner web app:
opetp01aaa9c.png

And this is what it looks like in my device:
ytvavbf99oqo.jpg
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,404
    Revered Voyager
    Answer ✓
    Hi
    The 10.80 is the last version of the card

There is always a difference between the Mydrive web application and the map installed on the GPS

Normally if it is correct on the application, the update will be made on the map at the next update.

Answers

• Polda18
    Apprentice Seeker
    Okay, my guess is that what happened was that during the update, the device stopped responding to the computer, essentially disconnecting it and therefore there wasn't a confirmation on the computer screen (there was on the device). It downloaded the updates, and when it began installing it, computer lost connection with the device (USB cable was still plugged in, should be original). It was still connected to the USB port, it still drew power through, the update however was super quick, saying it was successfully installed on the device screen, but computer said that device stopped responding instead. I don't know if it actually installed the updated map (the current version is reported to be v10.80 - if that is the most recent version), or it didn't installed and lied to me. Anyway, I can't install the update again unless I uninstall the map and install it again, hopefully the right version.
  • Polda18
    Apprentice Seeker
    edited January 8
    Okay, nevermind, I uninstalled the map, installed it back, and it is still outdated. I'm just confused. Web app for route planner is showing an actual up to date map, yet an up to date map for devices is outdated. How is that possible?

And I'm certain that it was correctly installed this time. The update screen on device said it was successful, the update screen on computer said it was successful. So I guess you've got outdated maps in your maps database for devices, but already updated on web app.

EDIT: I reported the outdated section in the Mapshare, and included a photo of the device screen showing outdated section. I'd be really glad if this issue would be resolved as quickly as possible. I'm relying on navigation at this point and I'm still forced to drive through Hradec Králové, even if I no longer have to, because I have an outdated map on my device and cannot update because the newest version is outdated and I HAVE the newest version installed. It's not only easier on the time spent on road, it's also easier for fuel usage, to drive through the new highway section.
  • Willy875
    Revered Voyager
    Answer ✓
    Hi
    The 10.80 is the last version of the card

There is always a difference between the Mydrive web application and the map installed on the GPS

Normally if it is correct on the application, the update will be made on the map at the next update.
  • Polda18
    Apprentice Seeker
    Okay. Can I know roughly when that update might be available? So I can install the update ASAP? I'll have to drive again in 2 weeks, so I'd like to update before that.
  • Willy875
    Revered Voyager
    The next version is scheduled for late February.
  • Polda18
    Apprentice Seeker
    That's kinda late to be honest 🤔 Well, guess I'll drive through Hradec again yet.
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,814
    Superuser
    edited January 8
    Hi
    @Polda18
    The Motorway Junction/interchange at coordinates 50.139335, 15.789116....
    The MyDrive Web Route planner appears to shows the road open and in use....
    The NAV4 & WI-FI connected devices show the road through and around part of the junction the as dotted...
    As far as I'm aware this means the road is still under construction....
    See....
    33beo7zycmkf.jpg

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • Polda18
    Apprentice Seeker
    YamFazMan wrote: »
    Hi
    @Polda18
    The Motorway Junction/interchange at coordinates 50.139335, 15.789116....
    The MyDrive Web Route planner appears to shows the road open and in use....
    The NAV4 & WI-FI connected devices show the road through and around part of the junction the as dotted...
    As far as I'm aware this means the road is still under construction....
    See....
    33beo7zycmkf.jpg

Stay Safe... ATB YFM

Well, that's exactly what I just told. BTW, this section of highway is already open and in use. Not just on the map, in reality. I'm really looking forward the next update, because driving through big cities is painful, especially during high hours.