TomTom Services have stopped working since yesterday. Is there an outage? — TomTom Discussions

TomTom Services have stopped working since yesterday. Is there an outage?

UltegraDi2
UltegraDi2 Registered Users Posts: 35
Master Explorer
Since yesterday I can't get TomTom services to work on either of my GO 5000/5100 devices.
I am also unable to log in on the device. Network Status is shown as 'not connected', and when I press that it goes to another screen saying GPRS disconnected, but there is no option to log in. There is an 'x' next to Traffic, Speed camera updates, and My Drive, and none of these can be selected on screen.

How can I log in to my account on the device? Or is this some sort of outage?

Answers

• YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,479
    Superuser
    edited January 5
    Hi
    @UltegraDi2
    You haven't stated your Country location in your Profile ???

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • UltegraDi2
    Master Explorer
    I'm based in the UK.
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,479
    Superuser
    Hi
    @UltegraDi2
    Tomtom Traffic/Live Serivces working OK here Worcestershire UK

Have you tried a Soft/Drum roll restart on the device? This restarts the devices Operating System afresh

RESETTING YOUR NAVIGATION DEVICE
    https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360013957499-Resetting-your-navigation-device
    Charge the device for at least 2Hrs….
    (Preferably using something like a Smartphone Charger using the Tomtom USB lead)
    OR have the device plugged into a power supply while the device is restarting
    Press and hold the on/off button until you hear a drum-roll sound then release the on/off button.
    You won’t lose anything; it’s just like rebooting your PC
    I use a Soft/drum-roll start after any upgrade large or small.
    It’s also useful to keep in mind for sorting out most minor niggles....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • UltegraDi2
    Master Explorer
    Thanks, yes I've done a full factory reset, a number of soft resets, fully charged the devices, but still nothing.

When a did the full reset and was asked to login to tomtom services it displays "Oops We are having trouble accessing TomTom services. Please try again later."
  • UltegraDi2
    Master Explorer
    In the absence of any support from TomTom I am dependent on this forum to solve this issue. Has anyone got any other ideas? If TomTom services are 'down' in my area, it would be useful to know that, rather than spend more hours trying to get it to work. GPRS won't connect it seems, so how can I get it on again?