Adding European Border Crossings POIs to TomTom Truck Sat Nav — TomTom Discussions

Adding European Border Crossings POIs to TomTom Truck Sat Nav

nealt_un42
nealt_un42 Registered Users Posts: 4
Apprentice Seeker
edited January 4 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
I have a Truck Go Sat Nav with European Maps and I'd like to show the border crossings in the route bar. Is there any way of doing this? Surely there must be. It's really handy to know how far from a border you are at a glance so you can get a vignette, clear customs, prepare for a lengthy wait etc.

Best Answer

• s-i-g-g-i
    s-i-g-g-i Posts: 9,287
    Superuser
    edited January 5 Accepted Answer
    Now I must apologize, have not thought enough. With the 6250 you can only set whether you want to avoid or allow border crossings!
    It looks different with the new Expert. Since you can select border crossing as a point of interest!
    yonub4udcx07.png

But I am of the opinion that on the 6250 the border crossings are also displayed, somewhat confusing because the display toll area and border crossing look almost the same! But since I do not pay attention (why also) I can not say exactly and at the moment I can not look because the 6250 is in the truck and that is in the workshop!

Answers

• rider1rider
    rider1rider Registered Users Posts: 1,269
    Exalted Pioneer
    no such feature
    just zoom out on map view
  • nealt_un42
    Apprentice Seeker
    Thanks for your reply. Pretty disappointing that it's not a feature on a truck sat nav. Trying to see the line for the border on map view involves a lot of fiddling in and out and isn't very satisfactory.
  • s-i-g-g-i
    Superuser
    edited January 5
    @ nealt_un42, the answer from @ rider1rider is unfortunately wrong. Which Truck Go do you really have?

Mod edit: Machine translated (German)
  • nealt_un42
    Apprentice Seeker
    Hi. Thanks for replying. I have the TomTom Go Prefessional 6250.
  • s-i-g-g-i
    Superuser
    edited January 5 Accepted Answer
    Now I must apologize, have not thought enough. With the 6250 you can only set whether you want to avoid or allow border crossings!
    It looks different with the new Expert. Since you can select border crossing as a point of interest!
    yonub4udcx07.png

But I am of the opinion that on the 6250 the border crossings are also displayed, somewhat confusing because the display toll area and border crossing look almost the same! But since I do not pay attention (why also) I can not say exactly and at the moment I can not look because the 6250 is in the truck and that is in the workshop!
  • nealt_un42
    Apprentice Seeker
    Hi Siggi, Thanks for talking the time to reply in detail. I do appreciate it. Maybe I need to upgrade my TomTom to an Expert then. It's not essential to see the borders but a nice feature to have.

Thanks again

Neal