How to change the order on the main menu?

Tom900TomTom
Tom900TomTom Registered Users Posts: 2
New Seeker
I'm running the TomTom Go App version 2.8.2 on an iPhone 13 Pro. All appears to work well. I would like to know how I can change the order on the main menu.

I want to have 'My Places' as the second item under 'Drive Home'

I want to delete 'Drive to Work' as I retired recently

Intuitive screen 'gestures' don't seem to work to achieve the above.

I'd appreciate any tips on how to achieve this or treat this as feedback to the App developers

Best Answer

Answers

• Tom900TomTom
    Tom900TomTom Registered Users Posts: 2
    New Seeker
    Hi Doug

Thanks for the very quick and comprehensive reply.

I will give the Siri options a try.

Cheers

Tom
  • nigelbbb
    nigelbbb Registered Users Posts: 111
    Supreme Navigator
    I would like the ability to add ia few tems to the main menu similar to 'Drive Home' & 'Drive to Work'. I have two homes & would like to have both on the menu. There could be a few other places that you drive to frequently eg boy/girlfriend's place, supermarket, parents etc It should be easy to implement eg just have a list of up to five favourites.
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 10,057
    Superuser
    Hi @nigelbbb

Set them up with Siri Shortcuts in Settings and you can tell the App, Hey Siri Drive to Boy/Girlfriends, where you want to go and you don't even have to touch the phone hence cant be accused of using the phone whilst driving.

Doug
  • nigelbbb
    nigelbbb Registered Users Posts: 111
    Supreme Navigator
    edited January 6
    DougLap wrote: »
    Hi @nigelbbb

Set them up with Siri Shortcuts in Settings and you can tell the App, Hey Siri Drive to Boy/Girlfriends, where you want to go and you don't even have to touch the phone hence cant be accused of using the phone whilst driving.

Doug

That's an idea. I gave Siri Shortcuts a whirl when they were first added to TomTom but didn't find that they were very reliable ie Siri didn't recognise the places but I can give it another go.

• RobKawa
    RobKawa Registered Users Posts: 11
    Apprentice Traveler
    I the past I had a TomTom rider and is was possible to change the sorting order. For some test I used TomTom for Android and for this version is was also possible to change the sorting order and change the color scheme.

TomTom has to make this option available for TomTom iOS.
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 10,057
    Superuser
    Hi @nigelbbb

Set the Siri Shortcuts up using Siri Shortcuts in the Apps Settings not using the Siri Shortcuts App on the phone.

Doug