I can't update my TomTom — TomTom Discussions

I can't update my TomTom

roger_jolalulucoco1
roger_jolalulucoco1 Registered Users Posts: 3
Apprentice Seeker
edited January 4 in MyDrive Connect
MyDrive Connect tells me 'Device: 9 MB free, Memory Card: 15130 MB free' but I get a message 'NOT ENOUGH STORAGE SPACE'. Can you help?

Answers

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 3,724
    Revered Voyager
    Have you formatted your Sd with GPS?
  • roger_jolalulucoco1
    Apprentice Seeker
    How do you do that? I have updated with the SD before without any problem....
  • Willy875
    Revered Voyager
    Do you have a map installed on the internal memory of the GPS?

If this is the case, remove the SD, format it and reinsert it.
  • roger_jolalulucoco1
    Apprentice Seeker
    Yes. I think I have a map installed on the internal memory of the GPS. So - I format the SD on the laptop - right?
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,377
    Superuser
    Hi @roger_jolalulucoco1

If you take the SD card out of your unit then check the unit starts normally and displays a map before formatting the SD card.

When formatting the card in your PC do it to Fat32 and do a full format not a quick format.

When you then insert the card in the TT unit you should be offered the chance to format it for maps. If not go to Settings/Dystem and select format memory card.

Doug
  • AJL12--
    AJL12-- Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Seeker
    It is a bit too complicated for an 84 year old
  • Willy875
    Revered Voyager
    If you have formatting problem on the computer, buy a new 16 or 32 GB Micro Sd card.

you insert it in the GPS the GPS will offer to format it once done you can install the map.
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,377
    Superuser
    Hi @roger_jolalulucoco1

As I understand that you have only got 10mb of memory on the Internal memory and I assume nothing has been loaded on the ex=tra memory card then look back here on Monday to see if @VikramK has added a small map to your account which when you load it enables you to delete the main map and then reload so that it goes on the extra memory card.

Re the extra memory card have you gone to Settings/System and Tapped Format the memory card. If not then do that now.

Doug
  • VikramK
    VikramK Registered Users, Administrators Posts: 13,074
    Hi @roger_jolalulucoco1
    Welcome to the community! A different version of the Europe map has been activated for your TomTom. It should be offered to you in smaller map regions/countries.

Regards
    Vikram.