Go Essential Road Names..

xxSIExx
xxSIExx Registered Users Posts: 3
New Seeker
I got the Go Essential for Christmas and have it all set up (all correctly I think).

When working I use Sat Nav to show me the names of the road I am currently on when needed - Usually when not navigating to a particular place or route.

On the Go Essential so far when I’m just driving around I only see a speed displayed and no road names at all.

Is there a way to have the road name you are driving on displayed when not navigating anywhere?

Best Answer

• Lochfrass
    Lochfrass Posts: 18,460
     Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Lochfrass wrote: »
    Do one tap on the compasrose above the + and - sign.
    Then you switch to the 3d Driving view and the current streetname should be visible

9eipu7eqaiv4.jpg
    Tap there to switch from rout overviev to Driving viev. Then you can see streetnames without planned route

Answers

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 6,523
    Elite Voyager
    Select settings> appearance> guidance view > Show current street name
  • Lochfrass
     Superuser
    Then you switch to the 3d Driving view and the current streetname should be visible
  • xxSIExx
    New Seeker
    Unless I’m missing something that only seems to work if I’m navigating to a destination.

If I’m just driving around with no route set nothing is displayed other than speed
  • Lochfrass
     Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Lochfrass wrote: »

9eipu7eqaiv4.jpg
    Tap there to switch from rout overviev to Driving viev. Then you can see streetnames without planned route
  • xxSIExx
    New Seeker
    Thanks a lot. I managed to try this yesterday at work and it’s working perfectly now :)