Computer voice stopped working for me after the last update

Mod edit: Machine translated (Spanish)

Comments

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 3,758
    Revered Voyager
    @Minchon
    In Mydrive Connect, voices are available

Or Come back on Monday, the moderator @VikramK will review your account and assign the service to you.
  • Minchon
    Minchon Registered Users Posts: 7
    Apprentice Traveler
    edited January 3
    In Mydrive Connect it tells me that the Monica voice is installed but it does not work for me
  • Minchon
    Minchon Registered Users Posts: 7
    Apprentice Traveler
    edited January 3
    In Mydrive Connect it tells me that Monica's voice (computer voice that reads the streets to you ... etc) is installed but it doesn't work for me. Other recorded voices work.
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 3,758
    Revered Voyager
    Try to reset the device to factory settings.
  • Lochfrass
    Lochfrass Posts: 17,069
    Superuser
    Minchon wrote: »
    Me ha dejado de funcionar la voz de ordenador después de la última actualización

Yes, thats a known issue with some devices and Computer voices.
    TomTom could not fix it til now.. Reset and recoverymode does only help sometimes for a short time :'(
  • VikramK
    VikramK Registered Users, Administrators Posts: 13,088
    Hi @Minchon

Removing and reinstalling the same voice using MyDrive Connect, the computer voice starts working again. For Wi-Fi devices : (Connect device to MyDrive Connect > Go to My Content > My Voices > select Uninstall next to the voice that is not working (eg: Monica ) > Now on device itself > Main menu > Updates and New Items/Settings > Device shows a spinning wheel and voice will be removed.

Now to install the same voice again, go back to MyDrive Connect > voice > Add voice to your device>>> Here they have to go back on device> click on Updates and New Items....> the update will start

Once installed, do a soft reset and test the voice.

Regards
    Vikram
  • snelleneddy
    snelleneddy Registered Users Posts: 10
    Apprentice Seeker
    I have the same problem: computer voices don't work. In my case "Ellen" (Vlaams / Flemish) or Xander (Dutch). Just followed the steps here above and still no computer voices working