Bongo doesn't work. Support is totally absent

magnifico
magnifico Registered Users Posts: 5
Master Traveler
It's 3 p.m. on 31 December 2021. I am trying again to find a way of copuying my places from a Go 5010 to a Go Discovery. Nothing seems got help. I have connected both to My Drive Connect; both are showing, but there is nothing showing about any places and how to copy from one to the other.
TomTom used to be good on support. Now, they are simply hopeless.

Comments

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,308
    Revered Voyager
    It is on Mydrive that you must connect your Go Discover with the same Go 5100 credentials
  • Lochfrass
    Lochfrass Posts: 17,709
    Superuser
  • Lochfrass
    Superuser
    Just to check:
    If you log in to this page with your TomTom account, will you see all the locations you have saved on the Go5100?
    https://mydrive.tomtom.com/nl_nl/
  • magnifico
    Master Traveler
    Dear All,

Thank you for your helpful comments. Most kind of you to point me at TomTom Drive. This would indeed offer a solution - I see all My Places - were it not for the fact that TomTom Go Discover - which I have just bought - is incompatible with TomTom My Drive. So I am faced with re-entering each place by hand!

This is obviously very unsatisfactory.

My more general point remains: I can see Bongo on the support page (which doesn't fully load), and I can find what should be a link. But the link doesn't do anything. This means that I can't get to talk to Bongo, yet alone to a staff member.

But thank you once again, for your very helpful suggestions, which have brought me further.

Let's now hope that TomTom can resolve the problems.
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,785
    Superuser
    edited December 2021
    Hi
    @magnifico
    1st... with your GO 5010 turned on....
    Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Tomtom Services --> Are you logged into 'My Drive' with your Tomtom Email & Password....

2nd... Run the MYDrive Web Route planner (It's also the Tomtom Cloud Acount)...
    Here... https://mydrive.tomtom.com
    Login with your Email & Password....

3rd... Turn on the Go Discover....
    Tap on the 3 line 'Hamburger Icon' --> Setting --> MyDrive....
    Are you logged in to the GO Discover with the >>> SAME <<< Tomtom Email & Password as Go 5010 ???
    (The Go Discover should be using the same Tomtom Email & Password as Go 5010 in order to sync the MyPlaces etc... to the Go Discover)...

The Data should now sync between the 3 devices....

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • Lochfrass
    Superuser
    Do you see the MyDrive cloud on your Discover in the Main menu?
    Or is the clod icon crossed?
    x501ejrcozn3.jpg
  • magnifico
    Master Traveler
    Dear Lochfrass,

Many thanks for this, which was a great help. Instead of doing a connection via cable and my laptop, I used the Wifi. The new system picked up the lot instantly.

I'm very grateful, and the problem is now solved.

Long live the good members of the Forum. Happy New Year!
  • magnifico
    Master Traveler
    Bongo worked on my desktop - but not on the laptop. So finally, I was able to communicate with TomTom as well.

All's Well that Ends Well.

Thanks to all of you for your help.