Motorway Exit Preview

Phorespher
Phorespher Registered Users Posts: 5
Apprentice Seeker
I have recently bought a Go Supreme 6" car navigation. I have set it up, put up my home address and tried using it. It did not show me my exit preview when I was driving about 3 exits from my home and the exit preview is on. Is this built in so that it would not show any exit previews in home city? For example: I live in Brooklyn and thus would not show any exits in Brooklyn.

Answers

• YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,816
    Superuser
    edited December 2021
    Hi

Phorespher
    Welcome to the site....
    Phorespher wrote: »
    (Snip) It did not show me my exit preview when I was driving about 3 exits from my home and the exit preview is on (Snip)
    You only see a Motorway exit preview for the junction where you planned to exit the Motorway...But why would you want to see Motorway exits as you drive past them on your journey ???

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • Phorespher
    Apprentice Seeker
    I am asking because we have ( kind of battery dead) Tomtom via 1535 live and it showed all motorway exits and how they looked, no matter how many exits we are from our home address. We have used it for years, and my husband (driver) is used to it. On this new supreme 6" it showed the arrows on top where your current speed is but my husband prefers the split screen of motor way exit.
  • YamFazMan
    Superuser
    edited December 2021
    Hi
    @Phorespher
    On the new GO Supreme 6"
    Check... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Setting --> System --> Appearance --> Motorway exit previews... Choose 'Show Map and Preview'....

Mabe useful... Tomtom GO Supreme User Manual
    Here... https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-us/articles/360014362599-GO-Supreme-User-Manual
    Note... I find the PDF download is the easier read and more user friendly....

Stay Safe...ATB YFM
  • Phorespher
    Apprentice Seeker
    That's the thing. It is on. However, when I tried to use it it did not show any 2 exits that I used near my address. As a test going to a place we know of and taking the exit, testing to make sure that it showed us the Motor exit way, it did not. And on the way back, it did not show us our exit to our house. It also never showed the motor exit previews to the Verrazano Bridge and the either top or lower level.
  • YamFazMan
    Superuser
    Hi
    @Phorespher
    Did you have a route planned ???

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • Phorespher
    Apprentice Seeker
    We were trying to test it out if it would show the motorway exits like our 1535 did, but when we had to drive to staten island, after the Verrazano bridge it showed, so that's why I was asking if it never shows motorway exits in your home city.
  • YamFazMan
    Superuser
    edited January 2
    Hi
    @Phorespher
    There's no need to go out driving to check for a Motorway preview screen....

qnmabmjthauu.jpg
    Plan a route that includes a Motorway exit junction that you need to use on the journey to exit the Motorway….
    (NOT a junction you happen to pass along the way)
    Then... Tap 4Dot (.... Menu) --> Current route --> Play Route Preview...

Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • Phorespher
    Apprentice Seeker
    Even when that is done, it does not show the exit previews near me like the bridge, and several other exits.