Just updated a TomTom Start 25 and lost my speed cameras (is expired but always present before).

SML
SML Registered Users Posts: 3
Apprentice Seeker
Noticed my TomTom is no longer showing speed cameras and if I go into settings does no longer show 'add speed camera location'. Although my subscription has expired and has been that way for some time, an update has never affected the existing speed camera location. What can I do to rectify this?

Best Answer

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,835
    Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Hi @SML

The units were sold originally with a Free Service period and then you had to pay to extend that . Tomtom historically did not stop the cameras last loaded from showing although you were no longer paying for that service which over time would get more and more out of date. They have however recently changed their Terms and Conditions to say that the service is by subscription and will only appear if there is a current subscription in place.

Doug

Answers

• SML
    Apprentice Seeker
    When I say settings, I mean service:-)
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,835
    Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Hi @SML

The units were sold originally with a Free Service period and then you had to pay to extend that . Tomtom historically did not stop the cameras last loaded from showing although you were no longer paying for that service which over time would get more and more out of date. They have however recently changed their Terms and Conditions to say that the service is by subscription and will only appear if there is a current subscription in place.

Doug
  • SML
    Apprentice Seeker
    Shame... if I had know that I might have delayed the upgrade. Tomtom must have given this a lot of thought... and disenfranchised a lot of Tomtom users.