Uploading POI's onto my Start 52

MattyBucks
MattyBucks Registered Users Posts: 4
New Seeker
So I uploaded my POI'S to Tomtom my drive on the Web page using a ov2 file. Their seems to be no way to tell it to upload them onto my tomtom from this page?. I open up my drive connect app with same login details but the POIs are not available, works in updating my Tomtom, but I cannot see or get visibility of the POI's I have created that show in my places on my drive as .ov2 files. How do I get the created POI's created and showing in my places on the web to download and become visible and usable in my start 52 device. Watched Tom tom videos and searched the web but cannot make it work ---- please any help appreciated as Tom Tom support wouldn't help unless I buy map update from them.z3r8cr7i0kss.jpg
gd6be5h8zmqn.jpg

Best Answer

• Lochfrass
    Lochfrass Posts: 17,738
    Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Ok. Now we know that the problem is with the synchronisation and not with the file.
    Make sure you are logged in with the same email address in 3 places at the same time.
    1. In the Webbrowser on the MyDrive Page https://mydrive.tomtom.com/
    2. In Mydrive Connect
    3. in the Satnav under Menu/TomTom Servises/MyDrive
    MyDrive Connect must also indicate that the device is connected.

Do you have all these requirements?

Answers

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,833
    Superuser
    Hi @MattyBucks

Has the Start 52 logged into same MyDrive. Have you opened My Places on the Start 52 and scrolled to the end of your My Places as the POI files should be listed there.

Doug
  • MattyBucks
    New Seeker
    Tried these suggestions already thanks and still not working 😞
    I can't see how it's possible, the device can only talk to the app and not the Web page. You would think having your account the same on both that it would. 😞??
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,833
    Superuser
    Hi @MattyBucks a

Have you attached your unit to the PC whilst MDC is running since you loaded the POI's into your Account using the My Drive website so that the unit can update itself?

Doug
  • Lochfrass
    Superuser
    edited December 2021
    Only to test the sync function:
    If you save a location on the MyDrive Website, will it also be displayed on your startup?

- If Yes: Then press the on button about 20second til the device restarts with the drum sound. When you hear the drum sound leave the button.
    - If NO: log out and log in again in the device under Menu/TomTom Services/MyDrive
    Wishing good luck ;)
  • MattyBucks
    New Seeker
    Still no joy. I added a work location on the Web site but it didn't update on the tomtom.
  • Lochfrass
    Superuser
    Answer ✓
    Ok. Now we know that the problem is with the synchronisation and not with the file.
    Make sure you are logged in with the same email address in 3 places at the same time.
    1. In the Webbrowser on the MyDrive Page https://mydrive.tomtom.com/
    2. In Mydrive Connect
    3. in the Satnav under Menu/TomTom Servises/MyDrive
    MyDrive Connect must also indicate that the device is connected.

Do you have all these requirements?
  • MattyBucks
    New Seeker
    edited December 2021
    Ok so real thank you to all of you for your help and suggestions 👍 lochfrass .. it turned out the Email address on the actual sat nav was wrong hence no synch … but all working now!! Great support community and really appreciated all 🙏
  • Lochfrass
    Superuser
    Hey great to hear / read :3