If I have no internet connected, how can I start GO so that it knows that I have already paid it — TomTom Discussions

If I have no internet connected, how can I start GO so that it knows that I have already paid it

Havis
Havis Registered Users Posts: 2
New Seeker
It's annoying that I cannot start my GO app in my car without turning my phone wifi ON
I just paid my annual fee, but still I get that "your free demo period is ending"
I don't have anymore demo period, I already paid the whole year

I want to use my GO sometimes without wifi

Answers

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 3,724
    Revered Voyager
    If you paid before the free demo ended, the free demo ends automatically.

Did you purchase the app through Google Play?
  • Havis
    Havis Registered Users Posts: 2
    New Seeker
    edited December 2021
    From Google Play? Sure, where else?

I think TomTom has the info of my payment because app starts fine when wifi is ON.
    But the problem is that I want to use my app also without wifi connection. That why I paid for it.

I hate to keep wifi ON all the time 'cause it uses phone battery unnecessaryly

Otherwise i just could start using Here WeGo
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 3,724
    Revered Voyager
    No, Tomtom has no information about your payment.
    without mobile data, you can navigate with the map offline, but you will not receive any traffic information.
  • Marek_MkZ
    Marek_MkZ Registered Users Posts: 73
    Supreme Trailblazer
    @Havis , do You use AndroidAuto? I can start TTGo in airplane mode without any internet connection (or in place where there's no signal at all) without any problem (of course without traffic info) - but I've read somewhere here, in forum that there is a bug which prevents proper starting TTGo in AndroidAuto without internet connection (no license). As I remember the workaround was to start TTGo before connecting phone to car. I'm not using AA so I don't have my own experience.