London North Circular A406 restrictions!

SPARFFR
SPARFFR Bedfordshire Registered Users Posts: 18
Outstanding Wayfarer
I have reported the 7.5T weight limit on the A406 goin over the Clayhall roundabout for weeks. It says "Fixed" but it's not fixed! My 26T truck still gets routed off the slip road and the back on again!

Tomtom need to recruit a dedicated team for HGV routes... Especially around London with all the changing restrictions and times that roads can be legally accessed.

The money we spend on theses devices, we should receive a product that is fit for purpose.

Comments

• SPARFFR
    Outstanding Wayfarer
    9xbv2lvuph0a.jpg
    r0180lmtxe3v.jpg
  • Lost_Soul
    Lost_Soul Registered Users Posts: 445
    Supreme Pioneer
    @SPARFFR

I have always known this area as the ‘Redbridge Roundabout’ – i.e. Bottom of the M11 > A406 which crosses the A12.

Whilst you are getting incorrectly diverted with your Truck routing on your Go Expert, to add even more confusion I am also incorrectly getting diverted with my Go Camper (Heavy Camper - Weight set at 3.75T), so am not sure what restrictions TomTom has in place for this section of the A406 road, but it is affecting both the ‘Classic and NDS’ maps! (See below for screenshot from my Go Camper)

maoguho3412f.jpg

I cannot understand TomTom’s logic of imposing a restriction on such a small section of the A406.

I have brought this type of issue to the attention of the TomTom moderators of the forum to raise an internal ticket on behalf of the many users (Camper and Trucker devices) who have reported similar issues with the appropriate team for resolution as I do not believe individual MapShare reporting of the issue is the best way forward………..

@Vikramk @Lampard

And as you have reported this issue via Mapshare without success it indicates to me that TomTom is unable to repair the mapping fault.

Tonight Boris Johnson as part of the Coronavirus update announced measures to support critical workers in the UK to keep the supply chain moving, pity that TomTom does not follow suit!
  • SPARFFR
    Outstanding Wayfarer
    I've done an update tonight and have noticed that Tomtom have fixed this restriction.

Thanks Tomtom
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Supreme Pioneer
    SPARFFR wrote: »
    I've done an update tonight and have noticed that Tomtom have fixed this restriction.

Thanks Tomtom

That's great to hear, kindly note "Fixed" means it's ready for the next map update for your device, have a wonderful day!

Safe driving!
  • SPARFFR
    Outstanding Wayfarer
    Hi
    I have seen "Fixed" for some time now on my mapshare.

What I meant to say is that it is fixed on the map update which I did last night. 🙂
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Supreme Pioneer
    SPARFFR wrote: »
    Hi
    I have seen "Fixed" for some time now on my mapshare.

What I meant to say is that it is fixed on the map update which I did last night. 🙂

Great to hear!
  • Lost_Soul
    Supreme Pioneer
    @SPARFFR

Whilst my Go Expert is no longer being diverted off the A406 following the latest map update, my Go Camper and I assume other Trucker devices such as the Go 6250 etc that rely on the “Classic Maps” are still being incorrectly diverted and we will have to wait for the quarterly map date scheduled for late February to see if a similar correction will be made? B)

However following the NDS map update on my Go Expert I have noticed:

1. Sending a series of ‘Stops’ from MyDrive on the PC and the phone App (IOS iphone) no longer works, only the last stop is recognised by the Go Expert as a destination (just sending a single destination still works). :'(

2. The Go Expert now seems to ignore most if not all weight related restrictions, for example the entrance to our village / the whole of the St. Albans district in Hertfordshire with a few limited exempted roads i.e. M1 / A405/ A414 etc.; has a 7.5 tonne lorry ban and whilst there may be some local ‘exceptions for loading’, the Go Expert navigates to the middle of the village/district without giving any warnings that the route does not comply with the vehicle profile setting. :s:s

A further example can be seen by planning a route to Redbridge Lane East (an exit off the Redbridge/Clayhall roundabout we have been discussing here – This has multiple weight and day /time restrictions as can be seen by this screenshot below:

n13udfq1rsn6.png

- yet the Go Expert will navigate directly to the destination without any warnings being given despite the Go Expert map clearly showing there are restrictions that are “Not passable by your Vehicle” as per the following two screenshots:

a5w4pmr3lw0f.jpg

yjy4pa5a488g.jpg

One step forwards 2 steps backwards. :'(:'(:o:s
  • SPARFFR
    Outstanding Wayfarer
    Just stating the obvious here...
    The restriction for anything over 18T is before 7am. After 7 it's okay.
    That's with most 18T weight limits around London/residential areas.

• Lost_Soul
    Supreme Pioneer
    @SPARFFR

Yes I checked when I planned the above route and it was "midnight".

So should have been restricted - yet the Go Expert will navigate directly to the destination without any warnings being given despite the Go Expert map clearly showing there are restrictions that are “Not passable by your Vehicle” :s