My Rider 500 got stuck at 8% and will now not start up or restore using the MyDrive Connect software

davecannell
davecannell Registered Users Posts: 7
Apprentice Seeker
My Rider 500 got stuck at 8% and will now not start up or restore using the MyDrive Connect software it simply cycles round in circles restarting every time the MyDrive Connect software says it is restoring your device, shows 0% downloaded and the device restarts back into recovery mode over and over again.

Comments

• VikramK
    VikramK Administrators Posts: 14,303
    Hi @davecannell
    Welcome to the community! Could you charge the device for about 2 hours and do a soft reset?

Or, I would suggest that you try a factory reset.

As the device would be restarting the application all the time, it might be hard to go to 'Reset device' screen for factory-reset.

An alternate way to factory-reset the device, steps below:

• Try to power off the device: Long press power button -> Click on 'Turn off' button;
    • When device is 'off', press power button to turn on device;
    • When device is on Home screen and the 'menu' button is visible, wait about 10 more seconds
    • Go to 'Reset device' screen: Click on 'menu' button -> 'Settings' button -> 'System' button -> 'Reset device'
    • In 'Reset device' screen: Clicks on 'Reset' button then click on 'Reset' button again

Regards
    Vikram
  • davecannell
    davecannell Registered Users Posts: 7
    Apprentice Seeker
    Hi Vik,

Sorry but the device will not start up and goes straight to the recovery screen. I have left it plugged in for over a day so the battery must be fully charged. I have tried recovery using various usb cables and windows 7, windows 10 and windows 11 pcs and laptops all do the same thing and simply cycle around in circles with no restore going through to get the device operating.

Is there a way to force the operating system onto the device rather than using the crappy MyDrive Connect software. The Home and MyDrive connect software have always let down the excellent SatNav devices throughout the 4 different versions I have owned over the years. I am not the only Rider owner having these problems as I have seen Rider 550 owners asking for help with the same issue on theirs…..

Some way of downloading the firmware and manually forcing onto the device would be a much better way to go.

Any suggestions would be very much welcomed.

Many thanks,

Dave
  • jacosmit69
    jacosmit69 Registered Users Posts: 1
    New Seeker
    I am also stuck in the same way.
    My Rider 550 will not start up and goes straight to the recovery screen. I've done the recovery via MyDrive several times but it keeps going back to the recovery screen. I've done this probably 10 times already without any success.
    Dead weight here :-(