tomtom traffic

Covkid62
Covkid62 Registered Users Posts: 612
Supreme Navigator
I am thinking of getting the new go discover but obviously it does not have a sim card for live traffic so my question is....do you have to mess about connecting it to your phone every time you use it or does it just connect to my phone automatically when you switch it on....any help appreciated as always

Comments

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 6,640
    Elite Voyager
    Once the pairing has been completed between your Go and your smartphone, your GPS will automatically connect.
  • Covkid62
    Supreme Navigator
    Willy875 wrote: »
    Once the pairing has been completed between your Go and your smartphone, your GPS will automatically connect.

so as soon as it's paired once i can just forget about it then Willy
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 10,057
    Superuser
    Hi @Covkid62

If for example if you have an IPhone then once you have paired it Via Bluetooth, the pairing requires the IPhones Personal Hotspot to be also turned on in Settings, then provided Bluetooth and the Personal Hotspot are turned on whenever you turn on your GO Discover then they will connect automatically when you are out of Wifi range.

The same should work with other phones in that provided whatever you require the Phones settings to be to pair then with the same settings it should connect automatically.

Doug

• Covkid62
    Supreme Navigator
    DougLap wrote: »
    Hi @Covkid62

If for example if you have an IPhone then once you have paired it Via Bluetooth, the pairing requires the IPhones Personal Hotspot to be also turned on in Settings, then provided Bluetooth and the Personal Hotspot are turned on whenever you turn on your GO Discover then they will connect automatically when you are out of Wifi range.

The same should work with other phones in that provided whatever you require the Phones settings to be to pair then with the same settings it should connect automatically.

Doug

Cheers Doug I might look into getting a Go Discover after Xmas