My live traffic wont work on my Go6200.

Bossman115
Bossman115 Registered Users Posts: 2
New Seeker
edited December 2021 in Devices using Wi-Fi®
I note in system about that the traffic is activated but that the GPRS is disconnected. Emailed Tom Tom but got no response. Apologies if broken forum etiquette etc but am 60 yrs old and never been on a forum before.
Tags - Not a clue what I'm supposed to put here - sorry.

Answers

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 3,914
    Revered Voyager
    Is your GPS outside or inside?
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 3,914
    Revered Voyager
    If indoors move away from your Wi-Fi
  • Bossman115
    Bossman115 Registered Users Posts: 2
    New Seeker
    It doesn't work when out in van as have no live traffic. I'm indoors at present connected to wifi but not normally.
    Not sure what you are asking when you say is your gprs inside or outside? sorry.
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,426
    Superuser
    Hi @Bossman115

If you are indoors your TT unit should connect to your Wifi and show Traffic data. When the unit is connected to your Wifi the Inbuilt Mobile Sim is auto disconnected from the Mobile system. To check that the inbuilt Mobile Sim is connecting correctly then move out of range of your Wifi and then if the Sim connects you should get Traffic data and GPRS will show Connected.

This may also be helpful

https://help.tomtom.com/hc/en-gb/articles/360014530220-TomTom-Traffic-or-LIVE-Services-isn-t-working

If you are still not getting Traffic Data then indicate here and we can ask one of the Mods to check your units settings on the TT servers.

Doug