Renault Carminat not getting any traffic info

robod
robod Registered Users Posts: 3
Apprentice Traveler
Hi all,

Can anyone help with me with this?
My built-in Renault Carminat is not getting any traffic information (whether HD or "normal" ones). This has been happening for a few months now.
The connection seem to be working, I can get the live services status and the subscription status, but when I try to check the traffic I get "An error occurred on TomTom servers. Please try again." Please see the photos below.

1kkah4mkmqrq.jpg
6rnotjxcym6y.jpg

Answers

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,862
    Superuser
    Hi @robod

Look back tomorrow to see what @VikramK has to say after he has reviewed your account and settings on the TT Servers.

Doug
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,444
    Revered Voyager
    Hi @robod

Try a full factory reset, then do not log into your tomtom account on the device.
  • AngryBird
    AngryBird Registered Users Posts: 148
    Exalted Navigator
    Do what @Willy875 said - it will help
  • robod
    Apprentice Traveler
    Willy875 wrote: »
    Hi @robod

Try a full factory reset, then do not log into your tomtom account on the device.

Hi @Willy875,
    Can I clarify a few things please?
    How do I do factory reset? Just from the menu?
    And why would not logging on make a difference? I've been logged on for 7 years and it was ok. If I don't log on, will it know what services do I have or will it just rely on the standard traffic info?

Thanks a lot.
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,444
    Revered Voyager
    Hi

Main menu Change preferences Reset default values. To confirm.
  • AngryBird
    AngryBird Registered Users Posts: 148
    Exalted Navigator
    @robod TomTom made a change already 3-4 years back so you CAN'T login using carminat and if you try - it stops working (they never explained why though probably due to poor encryption of passwords passed to TomTom servers from these units).
    Instead they now clearly link services to unique unit id without the need to login.

So please do factory reset from the menu and DON'T ever try to login. Services will work.
  • robod
    Apprentice Traveler
    @Willy875 and @AngryBird I've reset it, cleared all personal information and strangely enough it's working now.
    Thanks a lot.