Siri shortcut Drive home

Kingo1
Kingo1 Registered Users Posts: 13
Legendary Explorer
I added the Siri shortcut "Drive home" ("Kør hjem" in Danish) - but when I ask Siri to Drive home - she reverts with info "you don't seem to have your home address configured in your contact details" - and if I add my home address details in my contact details - the iPhone opens Apple maps when i say "Hi Siri- Kør hjem"
I have added my home address in TomTom app. Any ideas ?

PS: It works fine when I use the shortcut "Drive to Work"

Comments

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 10,041
    Superuser
    edited December 2021
    Hi @Kingo1

Assuming you have Home set on your device did you have the TT App open on your phone or in CarPlay mode when you said Hey Siri (Space) Drive Home. Also did you set the Siri Shortcut up by going to Settings /Siri Shortcuts in TT Go and Tapping Add /Drive Home. Also if you

Tap Menu
    Tap Settings
    Tap Siri Short Cuts
    User the Siri Icon it displays what you must say to get the Drive Home to work. Have you used the option to change the Voice Phrase to the Danish Version/ If you change it back to the default Drive Home does it work?

Doug
  • Kingo1
    Legendary Explorer
    edited December 2021
    I have TT App open on my phone (not on Carplay - I have not tested on Carplay yet)

I have added the Siri shortcut - I currently have two shortcuts - both written in Danish language. "kør hjem" and "Kør til arbejde" (Drive home and drive to work)

One of them work (the "drive to work" one - ("Kør til arbejde" in Danish) If I activate Siri and says "Kør til arbejde" the TT app will make a route to the address i put in TT as Work(arbejde).

If i do the same and say "Kør hjem" ("drive home") the Iphone comes up and says that it does not look as if I have a "hjem"(home) address marked on my contact card. It looks like it is not looking in the TT Siri shortcut - but just looking form "hjem"(home) on the phone address book.
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    Hi @Kingo1

I have just gone into Siri Shortcuts on my iPhone which is set up in English UK and tried to change the phrase to your Danish Version and it works. What I did was paste the Danish Phrase in Google Translate which as I expected confirmed the translation as Drive Home. I Tapped Drive Home in my list of shortcuts in the App, Tapped the Change Voice Phrase and then played the sound of the Phrase from Google Translate.

Now this is where it goes a little wrong. 😂😂 It says that the Phrase Google Translate said is 'Who are you" 😂😂 but now it is set up if I then say Hey Siri and play the Google Translate it immediately sets a route to Home. This is because it already recognised the Shortcut was for Drive Home.

So not sure how you set the Shortcut up and assume you have the iPhone set to Danish but maybe if you play around with the Change Voice Phrase option until you can get it to recognise *Who are You" 😂😂 or what ever it thinks YOU are saying.

Doug
  • Kingo1
    Legendary Explorer
    Hi @DougLap - Siri actually recognizes the sentence "Kør Hjem" - but it does not link it to belonging to TomTom (Hjem) - Siri wants it to be the "home(hjem)" address in the address book of the iphone. If I change the phrase in tomtom Siri shortcuts to "drive home" - then Siri asks if i want to open Tomtom and then it makes a route to the home address listed in TomTom. So basically - if i go into Siri-shortcuts and changes the phrase to anything but "Hjem" - then it will work - but it it says "Hjem" - then no-go.
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    edited December 2021
    Hi @King01

Without you entering the phrase in your IPhones shortcuts if you say Hey Siri "åben Tomtom" does the Tomtom App open on your phone . Then use the Hey Siri "Kør Hjem".

Doug
  • Kingo1
    Legendary Explorer
    DougLap wrote: »
    Hi @King01

Without you entering the phrase in your IPhones shortcuts if you say Hey Siri "åben Tomtom" does the Tomtom App open on your phone . Then use the Hey Siri "Kør Hjem".

Doug

Same problem - if I say "Kør Hjem" Siri reverts with same message: That it does not seem as I have registered my home address in my contacts detail (on the Iphone - it does not look in the TomTom Siri shortcuts)