TomTom Go needs permission on iPhone when starting with CarPlay

bartje
bartje Registered Users Posts: 4
Apprentice Seeker
It's really anoying that when I want to start navigating using CarPlay on my iPhone I get the "are you sure you are not driving" popup. Of course I'm drinving, I'm using CarPlay :-)
Any idea's how to get rid of this silly popup ?
Tagged:

Comments

• rider1rider
    rider1rider Registered Users Posts: 1,491
    Exalted Pioneer
    never seen that popup
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 10,057
    Superuser
    Hi @bartje

Do you mean it is displayed on the iPhone whilst you are connected to your Media unit with CarPlay being used on it or you seeing it on the CarPlay screen on your media unit.

I have never seen that on the Media units CarPlay screen but whilst I am using the App in CarPlay Mode on the media unit then on the iPhone there is a warning message as the message is seeking to say you should not be fiddling with the iPhone whilst Driving. I admit that if you continue to use the iPhone then it is assuming that a passenger is working it rather than the driver.

Doug
  • bartje
    bartje Registered Users Posts: 4
    Apprentice Seeker
    it's displayed on the iPhone. On CarPlay it looks like TomTom isn't starting, but when checking on the iPhone and opening TomTom it gives that message, after confirming TomTom starts on CarPlay
  • DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 10,057
    Superuser
    Hi @bartje

Because your iPhone is connected to the Cars Media Unit using the TT App in CarPlay mode then it is assuming that you are behind the wheel and possibly driving as it does not discriminate whether you are at a standstill or moving. So if you pick up your phone and display the Tomtom App the App is reminding the user that they should not be using your phone whilst Driving.

Doug
  • Jürgen
    Jürgen Community Managers, Administrators Posts: 7,423
    Community Manager
    I don't think it's us generating that message. We only respond to motion on TomTom Rider for motorcycles.