Londons congestion zone and ULEZ zones

Champs_44
Champs_44 Registered Users Posts: 3
New Seeker
edited December 2021 in TomTom Services
I prefer not to be robbed by paying the congestion zone. I drive a car that is not charged by the ULEZ highwaymen. Whilst the two shared the same zone your app kept me out of the zone beautifully. However since the ULEZ zone expanded, your system seems to think that I’m in a toll zone therefore I can pay all tolls. The routes it chooses then would incur the extra toll. It is becoming almost unusable. Are you going to sort out the dual toll issue, or will we need to be looking elsewhere ???

Comments

• Champs_44
    Champs_44 Registered Users Posts: 3
    New Seeker
    Thanks rider1rider for the link.

Unfortunately this only leads to a five year old response from a retired employee who states:

‘They can’t build a feature around it ‘

I find that very hard to believe. At the moment the “ Toll Road” boundary for London is the new ULEZ boundary. It used to be the current congestion boundary.

Surely you can run the two concurrent with a simple question such as
    ‘Is your vehicle exempt from the ULEZ charge’

I doubt anyone is expecting you to determine wether their vehicle is exempt.

I’m fact some vehicles are exempt from the congestion charge too. You could add a question for that also.

These zones are cropping in cities all over Europe. There has to be a demand for this.

• UpdateULEZFFS
    UpdateULEZFFS Registered Users Posts: 2
    Apprentice Traveler
    TomTom is showing scant regard for its UK customers by refusing to introduce an option to avoid the ULEZ. I have switched to Waze on my phone and will now never buy a TomTom device again. Anyone considering buying a new TomTom should bear this in mind as new emission zones are likely to be introduced elsewhere in the coming years and if past behaviour is a guide TomTom will likely ignore pleas to help their customers avoid these too.