No Maps Found built in Carminat TOMTOM Renault

DariozaurusRexus
DariozaurusRexus Registered Users Posts: 6
Apprentice Seeker
Hello, I've bought a second Hand Clio (dec 2011) and at the begining I pulled out the SD card without properly choosing the eject card bouton on the satnav (carminat tomtom). Since then I've been getting the "no maps found error". I've also bought a new sd card with the European map and even if I format (FAT 32), the built in satnav does not initialize the cards. I deleted the loopdir file and it does not create a new one. If i put in a SD card after it powers up, I do get a message "do not remove the sd card" so it reads it. Do you guys know how to fix this without going to a Renault service?

Answers

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 5,444
    Revered Voyager
    edited December 2021
    Hi
    I've also bought a new sd card with the European map and even if I format (FAT 32), the built in satnav does not initialize the cards.

You bought the Sd card with the Europe card on the Tomtom site, you should not format it you insert it in the Carminat the card must work.
  • DariozaurusRexus
    Apprentice Seeker
    It was not bought from the tomtom site, however I don't understand why the Tomtom live cannot initialize an empty card. I cannot go in its menu, when I use the remote I get the message "no maps found"
  • Willy875
    Revered Voyager
    Insert a blank SD in the Carminat turn on the Carminat which will copy 2 files necessary for its recognition
    if the Carminat does not copy it is 2 files, there is a problem.
  • DariozaurusRexus
    Apprentice Seeker
    I understand, and that problem can be solved only at a Renault dealership?
  • AngryBird
    AngryBird Registered Users Posts: 148
    Exalted Navigator
    Not really. if you use blank SD card of 16 GB storage, format it FAT32 and insert into the SAT NAV - you should be able then use this SD card to buy/download maps from TomTom Home2 software
  • DariozaurusRexus
    Apprentice Seeker
    edited December 2021
    Thank you for your help, I'll buy a 16 GB SD card. I've already bought a 32 GB one, but it doesn't write anything on it. If the problem persists after trying with the 16 GB one, is there any way to hard reset it so that it reinitalizes? I cannot go in the main menu because it keeps giving me the no maps found error, so I cannot reset it to factory settings. I think a hard reset could solve the writing issue. Thanks.
  • Willy875
    Revered Voyager
    If your Carminat cannot copy 2 files to the Sd Tomtom Home will not recognize your Carminat, it will therefore be impossible to buy a card.