TomTom Does not Speak

rezdan
rezdan Registered Users Posts: 7
Apprentice Seeker
I have installed TomTom on my iPhone 7. Although the alerts and guidance are on, there is no sound. I appreciate any advice.
Tagged:

Best Answer

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,827
    Superuser
    edited December 2021 Answer ✓
    Hi @rezdan

I run my App with the Warnings set to Read Aloud and a Computerised voice as I prefer that arrangement however if you go into Settings/Sounds and Warnings and Tap Safety Warnings, which should be selected, what setting have you got for When Speeding.

Doug

Answers

• rider1rider
    rider1rider Registered Users Posts: 1,410
    Exalted Pioneer
    reinstall app
  • rezdan
    Apprentice Seeker
    Despite reinstalling the app, there are no warning sounds. By default, 'Warning sounds' is selected in the app's settings.
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    Hi @rezdan

When you Tap Menu is the Speaker icon bottom right selected and if you Tap the Airplay icon bottom left is the iPhone selected.

Doug
  • rezdan
    Apprentice Seeker
    The speaker icon is on, and iPhone is selected when I tap the AirPlay.
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    Hi @rezdan

In Settings/Voices is the volume turned up. Also if you create a route then go to Menu/Current route and pressed Play Preview when the unit starts running the route if you press the + volume button on the iPhone does the sound appear.

Doug
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    Hi Again

If you play Music on the iPhone is the volume okay?

Doug
  • rezdan
    Apprentice Seeker
    The volume is turned up. I created a route and played route preview for the current route. The sound appears.
  • rezdan
    Apprentice Seeker
    In the play route preview, when the speed exceeds the maximum speed limit, the background colour of the speed changes to red. However, there is no ping.
  • rezdan
    Apprentice Seeker
    I just played a video on my iPhone. The voice is fine.
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    edited December 2021 Answer ✓
    Hi @rezdan

I run my App with the Warnings set to Read Aloud and a Computerised voice as I prefer that arrangement however if you go into Settings/Sounds and Warnings and Tap Safety Warnings, which should be selected, what setting have you got for When Speeding.

Doug
  • rezdan
    Apprentice Seeker
    The 'When Speeding' was set to 'Never' by default! I changed it to 'Always'. It is pinging now. Perfect. Thank you so much, Doug. I highly appreciate your time.
  • DougLap
    Superuser
    Hi @rezdan

Your welcome. Glad you are sorted.

Doug