Siri shortcut to set direction (from home to work or vice versa) for Carplay

resistme
resistme Registered Users Posts: 6
Apprentice Traveler
My old TomTom Device used to ask when I started up, if I was going to work, or home or recent destination based on starting location and time. Does this feature exist in the Tomtom Go app?,

I have created an iphone personal automated shortcut to open TomTom on connection to Carplay, but can't seem detect the current locaiton to then program a direction for tomtom! There is a location command to show directions in shortcuts but Tomtom is not listed, just maps, google maps and wave. Is there someone that can show me how this can be done?

thanks

Comments

• DougLap
    DougLap Posts: 9,860
    Superuser
    Hi @resistme

Once I have TT GO working on my cars media unit in CarPlay mode I then use the Siri Shortcuts to set up routes. For example all I have to say is Siri Drive to Work.

Doug
  • resistme
    resistme Registered Users Posts: 6
    Apprentice Traveler
    DougLap wrote: »
    Hi @resistme

Once I have TT GO working on my cars media unit in CarPlay mode I then use the Siri Shortcuts to set up routes. For example all I have to say is Siri Drive to Work.

Doug

I have tried to set up Siri Shortcuts for routes but it only works for Apple maps, not TomTom! Hence I was trying to write an automated scripted shortcut instead!