MyDrive Connect from Dec. 16th shows already installed maps as 43 items of "updates and new items" — TomTom Discussions

MyDrive Connect from Dec. 16th shows already installed maps as 43 items of "updates and new items"

JacaMa
JacaMa Registered Users Posts: 50
Renowned Wayfarer
Starting from December 16th MyDrive Connect on my PC shows already installed (somehow) maps of v.10.80 as the updates and/or new items to be installed on my GO5200. E.g. I do have active entire Europe map v.10.80, and MyDrive Connext shows e.g. Europe Central & East, Europe East, Europe West, Europe North, Europe South, and many single countries, all of v.10.80, to be ready to install. Fortunately the check-boxes are unchecked. But anyway it blurs the picture. There are many maps that I wasn't ever going to install. And my device has not enough memory to accommodate even a half of these items, despite I have the 32 GB memory card installed.
If I would be interested in the installation of any additional map, there is "My Maps" section below of the "
Sorry guys, I have to finish my post incomplete, because this new shaped page is going to crash (it started blinking).
Stay Safe and regards
J.M.

Answers

• rider1rider
    rider1rider Registered Users Posts: 1,267
    Exalted Pioneer
    turn off
    automatically download updates between from settings -downloads tab
  • JacaMa
    JacaMa Registered Users Posts: 50
    Renowned Wayfarer
    I do have it turned off, as well as the "Download updates on my computer (recommended)".
    This is not a big problem, since the check-boxes next to each of these maps are unchecked, and my device does not want to download them. They just darken the picture. I can find every map that I am eligible to install on my device in the section "My Maps", below the "My Updates and new Items". My question is: why they suddenly appeared in "My updates and new Items"? This is confusing.
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,480
    Superuser
    edited December 2021
    Hi
    I've Just reinstalled MyDrive Connect... Guess what, it's now happened to me :/
    kmntkjhpqozq.jpg
    Stay Safe... ATB YFM
  • Derrick_Walker_123
    Derrick_Walker_123 Registered Users Posts: 2
    New Seeker
    Go 6000 device shows version 10.05. System shows version 10.80 installed. When I try to free up space it uninstalls version 10.05 and the free up space expands. However on my device also shows version 10.80 (but not installed in my device). So I uninstall this one and free space expands but neither maps appear on the left column. Version update 10.80 shows in the left column but will not highlight and the install button does not light up green. ????
  • Derrick_Walker_123
    Derrick_Walker_123 Registered Users Posts: 2
    New Seeker
    To try to clarify, I cannot get the update version 10.80 in the left column to install onto te right column onto my device. ????
  • Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 3,758
    Revered Voyager
    @Derrick_Walker_123
    Do not uninstall the card on the device, add an Sd card on the device and start the update.
  • YamFazMan
    YamFazMan Posts: 20,480
    Superuser
    edited December 2021
    Hi
    @Derrick_Walker_123
    Welcome to the site...
    Re... The GO 6000
    The early NAV4 like the GO 6000 devices the Maps fitted easily onto the 8GB of on-board Memory, but the Map sizes increases with every update...
    Now the 8GB limit on-board Memory size on the NAV4 devices is an unfortunate, but real Catch22 situation....
    The latest NAV4 Full Europe Map size is now around 9GB
    @VikramK or @lampard one of the Forum Moderators pick this type of problem and add a small Map to the Account to get past the 'Catch22' No Maps Found error....

See Catch22... https://discussions.tomtom.com/en/discussion/comment/1686043/#Comment_1686043

Stay Safe.... ATB YFM