TomTom Navigation app, account on multiple phones.

Ton2017
Ton2017 Registered Users Posts: 5
Apprentice Traveler
I have been using this app for many years on my phone, as well as with the same account on my wife's. Apparently, there has been an update and it is no longer possible to do this on different phones. Apparently, there has been an update and this is no longer possible on different phones, or you have to take out a "family subscription", which I would like to do, but I cannot find that option anywhere. So how do I arrange for the app to be available on 2 phones under the same account?

Mod: Machine translated from Dutch

Comments

• Willy875
    Willy875 Registered Users Posts: 3,914
    Revered Voyager
    Under Android the subscription works on several phones without problem.

Check your login credentials on the phone.
  • Ton2017
    Apprentice Traveler
    edited December 2021
    It is not possible to log in on the second device with the correct login details. Also tried to remove the app and put it back on, keep getting stuck on the subscription selection page.
    Added screenshots: tele
    uilk4t7sr1aw.jpg
    hvw2tv89ktoh.jpg
    iul4nwwfbyn4.jpg

Mod: Machine translated from Dutch and email from screenshot removed
  • Willy875
    Revered Voyager
    Are you on a 30-day trial?
  • Ton2017
    Apprentice Traveler
    edited December 2021
    No, I have a one-year subscription.
    According to my system, it was just renewed in October, see attachment: 09qw1yhkwkw8.jpg
  • Willy875
    Revered Voyager
    If on both phones you are logged in with the credentials you purchased, the application should work.

Come back on Monday to see what moderator @lampard will say as a comment.
  • Ton2017
    Apprentice Traveler
    edited December 2021
    Ok. Then we will look further on Monday.
    For info, use this account also for my TomTom Truck 6000 and MyDrive EU app.
    And these are also synchronised with each other. Is for me one of the big advantages of TomTom.

Mod: Machine translated fromm Dutch
  • phototraveler
    phototraveler Registered Users Posts: 17
    Outstanding Explorer
    "From the screenshots the subscription is with your Google account. So you can only share the subscription across two Android phones if both are logged in with the same Google account."

At last, but it would beneficial to all if you were to inform your faithful customers regarding this 'rule'.

I've been a customer since 2007, but I'm now looking at other apps due to the lack of information since October regarding the TomTom GO Navigation app crashing during opening.
  • Willy875
    Revered Voyager
    Hi
    Willy875 wrote: »

If on both phones you are logged in with the credentials you purchased, the application should work.

I don't know what you disagree with at the moment I am paying a subscription at 12.99 euros for an application installed on 2 phones and 1 tablet.

• flamingm0e
    flamingm0e Registered Users Posts: 21
    Outstanding Wayfarer
    Hi

I don't know what you disagree with at the moment I am paying a subscription at 12.99 euros for an application installed on 2 phones and 1 tablet.

Because, as usual, you're talking about different things.

Yes, if you are logged in with the same GOOGLE account on multiple devices it works! Nobody has disputed this!

BUT, if you want to use it on your wife's or son's devices, you have to pay for another subscription...OR, login to THEIR devices with YOUR Google account.

Basically, you don't understand what you're talking about and keep telling people it works fine. IT DOESN'T! So stop telling people it works, when it doesn't. It's annoying that you keep doing this.
  • Willy875
    Revered Voyager
    Apparently it is you who did not understand my explanations, it seems to me that I always said that you can connect with only one Google account (same username) on several phones.
  • flamingm0e
    flamingm0e Registered Users Posts: 21
    Outstanding Wayfarer
    Apparently it is you who did not understand my explanations, it seems to me that I always said that you can connect with only one Google account (same username) on several phones.

Except in this very thread...