Autozoom 2D not working on GO App

kasperx80
kasperx80 Registered Users Posts: 11
Master Traveler
Hi

I used the app mid of this year on german highway and hoped the app would behave similar to googles app maps.
In tomtom go I enabled autozoom for (there are 2 filter options, I forgot the 1st) "see differend road types" like city (big zoom) and highway (small zoom). Of course it should change zoom and show directions on next street to change. Just like googlemaps does.
Maybe I got used to too much luxury by googlemaps?

Unfortunately tomtom go zooms (out/in) on 1st road change like city -> highway, but then stays in zoom. On arrival highway->city its useless :(
Btw... why would tomtom go not change zooming on different road types? (Even without the option. For me not a bug but a feature :P )

Thanks in advance
kasper
Tagged:

Comments

• lampard
    lampard Administrators Posts: 5,769
    Hi Kasper,

I assume you're not using the Android Auto in conjunction with the GO app? I tried on my phone playing a route demo with the setting 'Zoom based on road type, 2D' and it works as expected. Let me check this with my team, I'll get back to you.

Best, lampard
  • kasperx80
    Master Traveler
    Thanks for answer.
    Correct, didn't know that. I will try that.
  • kasperx80
    Master Traveler
    Next try :)
    Same (test) program, other (older) smartphone with android 7.
    Zoom still stays in last "position" where user started navigation. I didn't find automode, but switched zoom from automatic to "on next command" (correct words?). Both didn't change zoom.
    Going to find option-name but lost smartphone in some bag :(